Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed on some pics that some of you guys have a tank bag riding on the hump on the Burgman's. How are yall mounting the bag and do you have any trouble with it staying secure? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The 650 hump bag sold by DJ Ellis has a very simple mounting system. An adjustable strap goes behind the seat hinge - it has quick disconnects that attach to the back of the hump bag. There is a tab on the front of the bag that you just stick into the glovebox door and close the door. You can install or remove the bag in seconds.

It works well. You can slide the bag side to side a bit on the hump, but while riding, it stays put. I use mine when touring. The rest of the time, I just stick it in the tail section of my trunk. I keep a bunch of stuff in it that I don't want sliding all over the trunk.

I'm not sure if he ever did one for the 400 though.

For more information, use the forum 'Search' function - search for Ellis.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I've had mine on my 650 about 5 months and, like Paul said, it works very well. I use it to carry all of my rain gear and maps It has some zippered pockets that are good for storing small items.
In fact, I just got a Gerbings electric jacket and gloves and hooked the controller (using the belt hook on the leather pouch for the controller) to the pocket on the side of the bag. Now the control knobs and indicator lights are easily accessible and it can be quickly placed in the bag's pocket in wet weather or when not in use. I just ran the wire to the battery under the bag and up and under the front of the seat. Made a neat installation that is easily removeable. :D
Don

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the search and I like the way the Ellis hump bag looks, but is there somewhere online where I can go to order?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts