Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most probably won't like this, but I thought everyone should check it out. Remember the BMW C1? It's a little like that, only with a CD/MP3 player, and other cool options. I'd like some feedback, cuz I kinda like it!!!!

http://www.diamousa.com

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
My thoughts are about the same as for the C1: If you want a cage, buy a cage (car).

A top without sides isn't good for much. Rain, dirt, etc. will still get on you as eddies and vortecies swirl around the windshield and fairings.

Still, some people just like to be different, and this is an attention getter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I saw an add on them too and was also tempted. The BMW C1 and C2 is safer because it is essentially a roll bar and also has heated seats and handgrigs. Both I think would have excellent weather protection cause once your are in motion the protection would be great. The scooter is made in Taiwan I think, so parts and reliability would worry me but the price is great. It wouldn't be good on highway cause I believe top speed is 65 but in the city it could be pretty neat.
PS. I live in Boonville, IN. so if yo get one let me know I'd like to drive over and see it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
That looks like a nice scoot, mite be great for down here in south Texas ,
when the wind gusts, you could fly and save gas. :lol:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
What I don't like about the BMW C1 / C2 is the seatbelt harness. The one bad crash I had, that would have killed me. The motorcycle went into the side of the car and was totalled. I went over the hood of the car and survived with minor injuries. If I had been strapped to the motorcycle I would have been totalled with it. I'm sure there are some accident scenarios where the "strapped in" design would be safer - but I'm not comfortable with the idea.

I'm also quite tall, and there are cars I can't fit in because the roofline is too low - insufficient headroom. Motorcycles & scooters have never been a problem - but add a roof, and I might be eliminated as a customer....

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger Buente said:
I saw an add on them too and was also tempted. The BMW C1 and C2 is safer because it is essentially a roll bar and also has heated seats and handgrigs. Both I think would have excellent weather protection cause once your are in motion the protection would be great. The scooter is made in Taiwan I think, so parts and reliability would worry me but the price is great. It wouldn't be good on highway cause I believe top speed is 65 but in the city it could be pretty neat.
PS. I live in Boonville, IN. so if yo get one let me know I'd like to drive over and see it.

The owner of the scooter shop here in Corydon is considering purchasing a demo model just to see what the reaction to it is. If he does get one, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Diamo Velux (sp?) 150.

I wouldn't trust it, myself.

It's built in mainland China, it has a 90-day parts-only warranty, and it's probably nigh-impossible to get replacement parts for it.

Not only that, it's top-heavy, underpowered, and overweight.

Stick with a Suzuki, Yamaha, or Honda. <G>

PWB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts