Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Burgman less than a week now. And, aside from taking it out on practice rides in the morning, before getting in the car to drive to work, I hadn't gone into traffic.
Well, today that practice ride was extended. I said to hell with it and just kept going across town along busy roads in rush hour traffic. When I got to work I went to the bosses office and invited everyone to come out and look at my new scoot.
All day long I was showing off the Burgman as everybody complimented it and congratulated me. Several people even said that the bike was:"The ****!"....which I took to be a compliment.
I said:"Yep, It's got all the digital stuff, an' an automatic tranny wit' tiptronic controls, wit' fuel injection water cooled tubeless radial tired smooth runnin' powerful touring cushy ass seat big mirror with a fairing an'storage galore!"
It was awsome. Most of them still don't know my name or what I do, but they admire me because of the Burgman!

On the way home I got hit by some nasty cross winds as people in pickups tailgated me. The Burgman performed well.

In one day I did more promoting and advertising for the Burgman than Suzuki has done in years. I should be paid for this! But I love it enough to do it for free....

·
Registered
127 Posts
ABQ, sounds like fun. Except for the winds and the tailgaters. We had a break in the rain today so I got to put another 60 miles on mine tonight after work. Be glad when summer is here.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As an added bonus I got this warm feeling that I faintly recall from my youth....it felt like confidence...self esteem...pride, the good kind.

·
Registered
857 Posts
don't forget, as the fuel prices keep going up, the decision to get a Burgman becomes smarter and smarter. I have a friend with a Blazer that is 3 years old - leather, etc. He adores it and made fun of my Burg...til fuel prices went up. Now he's desperately trying to sell the Blazer and wondering if the Burgman would go over ok with his wife.....

I have yet to say "SO THERE!"

But gas prices are horrendous.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I am planning on using my Burg to go to work on, at least on good weather days anyway.

It's so close I could probably walk in 20 minutes, but where's the fun in that?

Besides, It's good excuse for another ride each day. :)
My Acura may get lonesome too.

I have only averaged about 13,000 kms per year on it (my cage), since new.
Looks like that is about to drop even lower.
Should last a lifetime now. :wink:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
lilleyen said:
It's so close I could probably walk in 20 minutes, but where's the fun in that? Besides, It's good excuse for another ride each day. :)
I've found that my scooter insists on taking a much longer route to and from work than my car ever did. The car trip takes 4 minutes through city streets. The Scooter trip takes 20 minutes and includes several highway miles. And oddly I seem to be enjoying work more on the days I've ridden the scooter. Hmmmm....

Dave B.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I take my burgman to work almost everyday, and today there is a gal parked her 50cc scooter next to mine. When we talked, I found that she gets top speed of 45mph at 100mpg, and I get 100mph at 45mpg. 8)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I take mine everyday that I can! Only things that stop me are snow, rain and golf and I hope to solve the golf problem this summer!

I am not a big fan of sitting around in wet stuff so I won't take it if they are sure that it is going to rain but I check the radar site to make sure that they aren't refering to rain that is going to happen when I am asleep or something like that.
I haven't figured out how to get my golf clubs on to the bike yet but I will be shopping for a smaller bag and recording which clubs I actually try and make work, thus reducing the number that I haul around when I am out embaressing myself on sunny days. Then I figure that I will make a bracket that attaches to the passenger hand rails and some kind of clip or pin setup for the bottom of the bag to attach.
This will solve all my problems other than the major one of ice and snow for several months of the year!
Definitely ride to work!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I also ride the Big Burg to work whenever weather permits, or unless I am running late (I stay off the scoot if I am in a big hurry).

This usually works out to taking the scoot to work at 3 to 4 days a week as here in NJ we get rain every week, and I no like to ride in rain.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Surely you golfers can get a bag cart for your clubs. Then get a bag that has a cover that will zip shut over the clubs. The extend some sort of hitch from the rear backrest mounting holes to hitch the cart to.

Trailer your clubs to the course! Just don't exceed any recommended speed limit for the cart. :p

Just a thought. :)

Dave B.

·
Registered
367 Posts
4DThinker said:
Trailer your clubs to the course! Just don't exceed any recommended speed limit for the cart. :p

Just a thought. :)

Dave B.
That would work if I got to walk all the courses but there are times when I play with lazy so and sos who like to drive around in thingies.
Burgman ain't made for off roading and I figure that I would melt the plastic wheels off my golf cart going around the corner the 650 is jusst a little too fast for my cheapie cart!

But it is an idea! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Ok, so a cheapy cart may not work. I got a cheap cart at target which I use to drag a heavy tripod and video camera gear around on. The frame is pretty heavy duty though. All that needs improving are the wheels.

So get some trailer wheels for your golf bag cart. Then drag it TO the course, not cross country AROUND the course. Swap the burgman for a conventional golf buggy when you get there.

Dave B.

·
Registered
367 Posts
:roll: ROFL!!!!! :p

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
My car is already lonely and it's taking me twice as long to get home!!! 8)

BTW - Bill posted a link to a neat carrier - I was thinking about how to carry my bicycle or shotgun with me. Bill replied with a link - (par-excellance.)

I dunno where it is (that link,) but I think that contraption would work for golf clubs as well!!

pedz :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
I read somewhere that Japan has already figured out how to store golf clubs on a Burgman. It might have been the B 650 Exec. If you have a case attached to your scoot you could always put the clubs in a lighter weight bag and perhaps strap it around the case and run the straps underneath the seat. Or you could store your clubs where you play golf.

I need to strap my tennis racket also to the seat. I have not tried it yet. Of course I could sling it across my back but then I had some terrible nightmares about what would happen to my back if I were ever thrown :cry:

Keep us posted re: solution. I use to play golf but then after buying all these dang accessories for the scoot (which don't seem to work) I have no money left for the game :x

Evelyn

·
Registered
93 Posts
Today was my first ride to work and back. Only problem is I have a little Shih-Tzu which has followed me to work everyday for the last 10 years so what the heck do I do with the dog?? No problem, strapped the Sherpa bag onto the passenger seat, put the dog in and away we went. :D I really think she liked it even though it was only a little above freezing this morning because when it was time to go home she had both paws on the Burgman and was wagging her tail. Ride in and back was just great and the Burgman is really impressive. Ran a few errands for work with it today, first time in a long while I wanted to run errands all day. :wink: Fuel computer said I was getting 5.5 liters/100km consumption.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Pete said:
I dunno where it is (that link,) but I think that contraption would work for golf clubs as well!!
Dangit! Had to go back and find it again. Took much longer than I thought it would to locate. The page does show it being used for carrying golf clubs, bicycles, kayak. See :

http://hometown.aol.com/mschue5938/mschuette.html

1 - 20 of 25 Posts