Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an F150 with the 5'5" bed. I tow a 17' travel trailer Normally when we travel we have the kids bikes in the back and there's excess space. Coincidentally I've found a 2007 Burgman 400 for sale that's in excellent shape and priced to move. Would it fit if I angled it sideways? I have to be able to have the tailgate up for the trailer.

·
Administrator
22,250 Posts
Measure the diagonal and post it for us. 5 foot 5 inch is only part of the equation. We need the width too.

I bet a member has the 400's measurements from front tire to the mud flap in the rear.

I know that a Burgman 650 does NOT fit a Nissin Frontier Quad Cab short bed. The rear tire was in that flip over bed extender with tailgate down....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly I don't have a tape but I'm working on getting one! Math wise I came up with 93"!

Hopefully I'll get some info. My mind is made up on the Burgman but they're extremely few and far between!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,355 Posts
The Burgman 400s are just slightly under 7 1/2 feet long. But just because the diagonal on the bed measures over that length does not mean the 400 will fit in it with the tailgate up. You also have to consider the width of the bike. That will not allow it to use all of the diagonal because it will push the bike away from the sides and ends of the bed.

·
Premium Member
9,810 Posts
1) Hey, @GByrd: could you get a tape, and post the other inside dimension of the bed, i.e., the sideways one, not the 5'5" one? Is it, say, 4' wide, to fit a sheet of plywood? Smaller? Larger?

2) Hey, 400 owners: if the dimensions ever get posted, couldn't one of you folks just lay out a rectangle on a garage floor, using string, or chalk, or something, and then see how the 400 seems to fit (or not fit) inside such a rectangle?

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
On most F150 pickup beds, it is just over 4' between the wheel wells but wider before and after them on Styleside beds (this is what most pickup trucks have). Flairside truck beds (with the wheel wells "sticking out") will have less room inside the truck bed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts