Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

My rear lights are out, but brake lights still illuminate correctly. Before I take this six mointh-old back to Suzuki with my fist shaking, shouting "this has never happened in ten years of owning Hondas, let alone within six months of purchasing a new bike", can anyone think what the problem may be, and any quick fix? The dealership is not a short away from here...

Many thanks in advance for your consideration.
Lycheed

· Registered
12,269 Posts
I'd check the fuses, bulbs, and then check for a loose wire.

· Registered
3,110 Posts
Sounds like the low beam filament is gone on at least one bulb, thus preventing the other bulb from performing as well. Buy a new bulb and try replacing one then the other to see if that works.

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Bill & Allan. The fuses are fine so as you suggest it's probably a loose wire or bulb. It kind of goes against the point of having a one year warranty if I carry out full fault finding myself so I'll do the one hour ride holding the rear brake light on after work one night to allow them to earn what I have already paid them for.

One (really) quick fix for when the front headlights (low and high beam) don't work that you gents probably know and I found out a couple of months ago is to flick the start button. Often, of the start button sticks a little and doesn't completey return to it's original position the lights won't illuminate (as they are cut momentarily as you start the engine). I found that out to my relief at the side of the road deep in the mountain with no signs of life to be seen one pitch black night. I really didn't fancy riding back to the camp site without front lights on those sorts of roads.

Of course, this is followed by a lot of fist waving and shouting at the dealership "this hasn't happened in ten years of owning a Hondas, 4 years of owning Aprilia and certainly not in the first six months of ownership of a new bike!"

Thanks guys.
Lycheed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.