Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

My rear lights are out, but brake lights still illuminate correctly. Before I take this six mointh-old back to Suzuki with my fist shaking, shouting "this has never happened in ten years of owning Hondas, let alone within six months of purchasing a new bike", can anyone think what the problem may be, and any quick fix? The dealership is not a short away from here...

Many thanks in advance for your consideration.
Lycheed

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'd check the fuses, bulbs, and then check for a loose wire.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Sounds like the low beam filament is gone on at least one bulb, thus preventing the other bulb from performing as well. Buy a new bulb and try replacing one then the other to see if that works.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Bill & Allan. The fuses are fine so as you suggest it's probably a loose wire or bulb. It kind of goes against the point of having a one year warranty if I carry out full fault finding myself so I'll do the one hour ride holding the rear brake light on after work one night to allow them to earn what I have already paid them for.

One (really) quick fix for when the front headlights (low and high beam) don't work that you gents probably know and I found out a couple of months ago is to flick the start button. Often, of the start button sticks a little and doesn't completey return to it's original position the lights won't illuminate (as they are cut momentarily as you start the engine). I found that out to my relief at the side of the road deep in the mountain with no signs of life to be seen one pitch black night. I really didn't fancy riding back to the camp site without front lights on those sorts of roads.

Of course, this is followed by a lot of fist waving and shouting at the dealership "this hasn't happened in ten years of owning a Hondas, 4 years of owning Aprilia and certainly not in the first six months of ownership of a new bike!"

Thanks guys.
Lycheed

·
Registered
15 Posts
The circuit shorts out to cause, in Taiwan, this kind of phenomenon has never taken place to us, you think about it, after washing the car, water flows into short circuit of causing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts