Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Nice pic Bob. Have you tried printing it out to see how good it looks scaled up in print? The 'Suzuki' text would probably look much better printed if it was a solid or gradient.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Bill, yes, I have printed it out, in fact I have it on a shirt! I didn't want the text to be too predominent, but it is actually solid. Captainfish, I agree the Burgman logo would look good on black, but I don't think inkjet printing ink is opaque enough to work on black, also white would be required and there's no white ink in an inkjet printer. Silkscreen would be the way to go, I guess. Not my thing, though.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bob

That is really quite neat!

Pity its a 650 :cry: :wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Burger design!

Love the Burger design BOB - You should make the T,s available also with Blue Burgers for owners like myself.lolol I have an idea if someone was to offer a bumper sticker for our cages with (I WOULD SOONER BE RIDING MY BURGMAN) it would also be a winner.

Enjoy the weekend/RW :p

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, RW, but I'm not in the T-shirt business, I just play around with computer graphics now and then. I use iron-on transfer paper to put the design on my t-shirts.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: Burger design!

R W Fullerton said:
I have an idea if someone was to offer a bumper sticker for our cages with (I WOULD SOONER BE RIDING MY BURGMAN) it would also be a winner.
There are several places online that sell custom bumper stickers. 1 of a kind bumper stickers tend to be expensive ($10). Discounts apply the more that you buy.

Has anyone ever noticed the abbreviation for bumper sticker is "BS"?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Bazza said:
Posted some pics of some small modifications
I like the glovebox liner. I need to do something like that.

I'd also like an external helmet lock. This is only an issue when I'm traveling and my trunks are full. But I find that cable thingy supplied by Suzuki less than convenient to use. Seeing your helmet holder reminded me of that.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
pauljo said:
But I find that cable thingy supplied by Suzuki less than convenient to use.
Urmmm....what cable thingy???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cabley thing.

Bill my 650 came with a cable with a loop at each end and covered in the middle with rubber tubing and this was under the straps that hold the tool kit in place ,and it is inserted thru the buckle of the helmet and there is an adapter for tis item to the left center of the left side of the seat. it works similar to one that cmae with the Helix I owned previously./RW

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Thanks RW.

I'll have to look and see if I got one.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bill

If the design aint changed you have two metal hooks under the seat (either side) for slipping the helmet ring onto, so that the helmet (s) is secured outside the scoot - until some low life takes a box knife to the strap!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
NormanB said:
If the design aint changed you have two metal hooks under the seat (either side) for slipping the helmet ring onto, so that the helmet (s) is secured outside the scoot - until some low life takes a box knife to the strap!
Saw those...thought that's what they might be for. But unfortunately, the helmet I have doesn't have standard D rings to allow me to use them.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bill

On my helmet which has the car seat belt type of fastener it also has a D type ring high up on one side of the strap.

I have just been out to the bike and tried it and it does hook on OK.

I cannot see that I would ever use it though, except if the trunk was full AND I could keep the bike in visual - like if I was taking a coffee on a pavement cafe.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Norman,

My Zues helmet does use a D-ring type clasp. The D ring parts are just designed a little bit different and is not able to work with the helmet holder.

·
Registered
436 Posts
cable thingy

650 burgman comes standard with one, Honda Reflex comes standard with one, so, I got mine through honda dealer here in Springdale, AR

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Thanks Margaret.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts