Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha! Hi everyone! I'm picking up my spankin'-new '05 silver 650 on Thursday or so. It all depends when I can get time off of work to drive up Chicago-way. I paid wayyyy too much for it, (just a tad under MSRP out the door) but I like the dealer and it's important to me that his children have a private school education.
For the demographically-inclined, I am a 34 yr old, 6' 220lb bald male who is a skilled tradesman in a steel factory. I have owned over 15 motorcyles and currently own 1 other rideable and 2 boxed sets. This is my first scooter experience other than the little chainsaw replicas you can rent in Hawaii.
Trials and tribulations. The most common response I get from friends when I brandish the brochure I've been toting aroung with me is: "Oh yeah?" accompanied by a quizzical eyebrow arch. Less complimentary responses are only slightly less common. "Are you getting the chaps, too?" Honorable mention for "At least you can park it in the closet, since you're obviously coming out." Ahem.
But if I listened to what other people told me, I'd have stayed in college right? Hmmmm. Anyhow, I've already planned a trip with my Dad (on his Titanium GL1800) to ride the Dragon's Tail the weekend of October 15th, so if anyone wants to meet up, we can take that sweet section of road plumb over with Burgmans (Burgmen?)
Nice to sort-of meet everyone. I have a couple-zillion posts to read, but I'll be around.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride. Make sure you take it slow at the gap cause there is no way that your father could keep up to you on the Burgman through that set of twisties. :wink:

You will love the Burgman.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
:D
OK - I think that this is gonna be good! Another Burgman owner with a great sense of humor!
Welcome!
pete

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
Welcome fellow Midwesterner. You didn't pay too much. While there is always someone who pays less, there is also someone who pays more.

Just enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome and good luck....I to get a few comments about the scooter, I smile lot. :lol: I have a Harley friend (as we're leaving work) tell me he's going to let me start the scooter first, so I know it's running. I tell him I don't need to HEAR IT to know it's running....it starts every time. :lol: I also made a CD of a few Harley sounds, that I play for them....it sounds good, when I turn the volume up.... :joker:

Good luck with the scoot..safe riding..maybe see ya around :walk:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
burgy03 said:
Welcome and good luck....I to get a few comments about the scooter, I smile lot. :lol: I have a Harley friend (as we're leaving work) tell me he's going to let me start the scooter first, so I know it's running. I tell him I don't need to HEAR IT to know it's running....it starts every time. :lol: I also made a CD of a few Harley sounds, that I play for them....it sounds good, when I turn the volume up.... :joker:

Good luck with the scoot..safe riding..maybe see ya around :walk:
That should be a No.1 seller at a HD gathering.

It would be real useful for HD owners to listen to while they are a polishing and a wrenching! :lol:

Sorry - weaveburg- welcome to the forum :hello2:

Congratulations on your purchase and I do hope you can arrange to pick it up as planned.

So thats two things we have in common - scoot and hairstyle! :lol:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome, Weaveburg! I also ride with a few HDs in our group. The last scooter comment I heard was "it sounds like my mom's old Maytag washing machine." However, :lol: , let it be known by all that my scoot is out carving the twisties while his very loud HD is in the shop. Not to mention that on the curvey roads I am so far ahead of him, he couldn't hear my Burgman even if I DID have loud pipes!

Rather be ridin' than wrenchin' any day! Have fun and ride safely.

Welcome to the board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts