Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys
Quick question, which gear oil do you prefer to use in your final drive Synthetic or Dino GL-5? I picked up some synthetic Valvoline Synpower and it seems to be thinner than the same rating in Dino form. I've had good results with Dino thus far now heading into 28k miles.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I just use SuperTech 80W-90. I think I have used synthetic but I current have dino on my shelf. Since I change the final drive oil at every engine oil change, every 7000 miles, and that is what the manual calls for I don't worry about it. I was considering going to synthetic when I use up what I have on hand. I do use Rotella T6 full synthetic for the engine and "transmission" and have done so for 17 years on all my bikes with very good results.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
A lot of members in the past said Synt runs quieter.

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
I've been using Valvoline SYNPOWER 75W-90 for the last 130,000 miles or so. Seems to be doing OK.
Just went out to my oil cabinet (Fire rated wall locker) and I have two partial bottles of Synpower.
Now I have one bottle with 3/4 liter after combining them. Since 2006 this is the only one I use.

YMMV!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys just reporting back on the Synthetic Final Drive oil. The gear whine is greatly reduced and the bike seems to feel much smoother, it is a very noticeable difference. Thanks all for your input.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm using dinosaur juice. Put a beaker down, lift a dinosaur and wring it out like a rag, over the beaker. Tell dinosaur to, "knock it off" if he growls during wringing process. Pour said juice into final drive.

Valvoline 80W/90. But as you guys might have read in another thread, since procuring my 2011, it had a nasty FD upon my first draining (before I even got it out of the neighborhood), and I suspect it might not have ever been serviced prior. The dinosaur juice is inexpensive and I'm using it rapidly to flush out the metal. It's still collecting a mushroom head of metal on the magnet. So I'll keep flushing it with inexpensive dinosaur juice. Mine makes plenty o' noise when riding. I would love to ride another sicksfiddy and see if it is as loud as mine.

If the juice ever starts looking cute upon draining after my 500 - 1,000 mile flushes, I would consider going synthetic at that time. All I know is, the dinosaur juice I'm putting in there now is per Suzuki specs. So the gears are being properly juiced since my ownership. Would like to quit seeing metal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts