Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am well underway with my switched circuit project and thought I would bore you with an update. My goal is to add a separate fuse box and relay on my 2011 B400 for accessories that I want to turn off when the key is turned off. This is an alternative to the risky but more convenient 'just wire everything to the battery' approach.

My guidance for this circuit is the diagrams that LeDude has on his website. They are excellent and well thought-thru. For instance, the idea of having the entire subsystem fused and plug-able separate from the rest of the bike is really smart. Thanks LeDude!

I choose the Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuse Panel. There are cheaper ones but this is a well constructed compact little unit that seem to meet my needs very well. As shown in the pictures below, I decided to mount the PC-8 and the Relay on the battery box cover that resides on the left side of the glovebox just at knee heighth. I have found that space to be shallow and virtually useless anyway. I took a tip from these forums and located the factory heater grips plug and used it for the switched feed to the relay.

The PC-8 supplies 6 switched circuits and 2 unswitched (i.e. direct to battery). Initially on the switched side I am wiring in a power plug/USB port box, Oxford Heated Grips, and a Kuryakin voltage gauge (shown lit up in one of the pictures below). The voltage gauge is there so one is assured these accessories are not exceeding the charging system - another sound recommendation from these forums. I also ran wires back to the underseat storage for future heated clothing. On the unswitched side I will wire in a plug for the Battery Tender. So I have lots of room left for futures.

So far so good. I had to take off the windscreen and front dash in order to locate the factory heated grips plug. Overall I will be 15-20 hours into this by the time I'm done. But it's winter so what the heck.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
The PC-8 from Eastern Beaver is a top-quality fuse block along w/ just about all of their products. I have a Fuzeblock brand on my 650 which is good but not as good as the PC-8 which can handle more of an electrical load if needed.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Another vote for Eastern Beaver's PC-8. When I get around to it I am going to ask him if he has a plug and play answer for the rear tail light and stop lamp for my top box. He has all kinds of nice stuff. I started using his stuff several years ago for goodies for my V-Strom.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts