Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS IS AN ALL SCOOTER RALLY HELD BY THE SOUTH BAY SCOOTER CLUB, THERE WILL BE VESPA,LAMBRETTA,HONDA,YAMAHA AND GENERIC SCOOTS.
AS WELL AS SUZUKI. CHECK OUT southbayscooterclub.com formore info. happening frid and sat august 24th & 25th.
It is held in Redondo beach and palos Verdes , California. if interesred in joining me i will be leaving from santa monica, california.

thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Swerve & Curve Rally MANHATTAN BEACH

Juast a minor correction: The main meetup point is the Manhattan Beach Pier (Saturday's main ride).
The route goes from there, through Hermosa and Redondo Beaches, and around Palos Verdes.

There's a Friday night ride as well.
By all means, if you're in the area, consider attending. It's going to be a big freakin' deal.

At last count, there are 138 riders signed up to attend, not counting the host club (no way to count them -- they don't do RSVPs).

I'll be there on my Vespa S150 rather than the Burgman, as it's better suited to formation riding with other scooters.
The only question is whether to ride out to meet up with one or another of the groups coming in from outlying areas or go straight to the pier.
The Los Angeles Scooter Group* is coming in from Westchester; the Long Beach Area Scooter Group*, from Long Beach; and the host club starts in Torrance (Crenshaw at Lomita) along with the Long Beach contingent plus some from the 909 Scooter Club* of Corona.

Again, any brand of scooter is welcome, but 110cc is probably the smallest size suitable for the rally route.

http://www.swervencurve.com/

* These groups each have Meetup.com pages. I can recommend both the LASG and the LBASG from personal experience.
I can likewise recommend the South Bay Scooter Club. (They do not have a Meetup.com page -- rides are at 12:30 PM on the first Saturday of every month, from the Torrance location noted above).

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
We'll be there. (Wife on a Buddy 170, me on the Burg.)
I'll be riding out to Randy's Donuts (the LASG 1st meetup point) via Topanga Canyon with some west valley LASG & Adventurists Meetup group members.

Sounds like this will be one for the Swerve N Curve record books.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a Black 2008 Burg400 wearing a bright yellow full face helmet- I'll be riding with at least 1 other Burgman rider - Liam, I think he has a Blue 2007. (Haven't met him yet)
Be sure to say hello! :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: SWERVE & CURVE SCOOTER RALLY Torrance

Rally will now meet at Crenshaw and Lomita at 12:00pm

if your going please make note of it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
This was a lot of fun. It was great meeting up and riding back with you Silverburg!

For anyone interested- heres's the photos from the ride over 200 total riders showed up from over 4 different scooter groups. http://www.meetup.com/LAScooterGroup/photos/all_photos/?photoAlbumId=10394412

From Santa Barbera to San Diego and out past Chino! Great ride, great party great people.

I just may have to attend this yearly.

Rusty- I met a lot of people- I'm afraid I may have missed you- there were more Burgman riders than I expected- at least 5 to 6 400's and 4 to 6 650's too! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
brandonc_mail said:
This was a lot of fun. It was great meeting up and riding back with you Silverburg!

For anyone interested- heres's the photos from the ride over 200 total riders showed up from over 4 different scooter groups. http://www.meetup.com/LAScooterGroup/photos/all_photos/?photoAlbumId=10394412

From Santa Barbera to San Diego and out past Chino! Great ride, great party great people.

I just may have to attend this yearly.

Rusty- I met a lot of people- I'm afraid I may have missed you- there were more Burgman riders than I expected- at least 5 to 6 400's and 4 to 6 650's too! :thumbup:
It's possible you saw me and didn't know it, and vice versa. It WAS a big group!
And I was on my little orange Vespa this time, not the blue 650.
http://www.meetup.com/long-beach-area-scooter-group/photos/all_photos/?photoAlbumId=10382512
(Photo #19 -- photo credit: The lovely and talented Mrs. Rusty :) )

·
Registered
134 Posts
LOL! I didn't know you were ashamed to own a Burgman :oops: (Joking) I definitely wouldn't have thought an orange vespa 150 rider was someone from Burgman USA anyway. Now that I know what too look for next time regardless of the scoot you bring- I'll be sure to say hi :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Cool!
I've been riding pretty regularly with the LA Scooter Group and the Long Beach Area Scooter Group, as well as the South Bay Scooter Club.
Next weekend, I'm doing the LASG's Mt. Palomar run. As usual when riding with them, I'm taking the big bike -- the ability to grab a handful of throttle and fast-forward through the ride out to NoHo, and do it again on the way home, outweighs the "Suburban in a Smart Car Parade" factor. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts