Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a 'wish list' of Suzuki parts that should be available here in the USA but currently are not available. I figured it wouldn't hurt bugging the dealer and seeing what we might be able to get. I could use a little help with any I might have missed or mistakenly added. Here's my list so far:

Replacement keys with the magnetic shutter cover (without replacing the whole assembly)

Burgman 650 specific
Tandem step - Suzuki part number 43600-10831
Low seat - Suzuki part number 45100-10810-FC8
Grip heater - Suzuki part number 57100-10830
Center floor mat (black) - Suzuki part number 99000-99034-29N
Alarm system - Suzuki part number 99000-990P4-131
Side visor (wind wing) - Suzuki part number 990D0-10G01-WAB ????

Burgman 400
Alarm system - Suzuki part number 99000-990P4-130
Center floor mat (black) - Suzuki part number 99000-99034-30N
Grip heater - Suzuki part number 57100-14831
Grain pitch panel set - Suzuki part number 99000-99031- W 06
Grain pitch fuel lid panel - Suzuki part number 99000-99031- W 07
Carbon pitch panel set - Suzuki part number 99000-99031-K03
Carbon pitch fuel lid panel - Suzuki part number 99000-99031-K04
Cool mesh seat cover - Suzuki part number 99000-990Y1-10N
Side visor (wind wing) - Suzuki part number 99000-99031-160

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
650 items
Chrome muffler cover
silver or blue passenger backrests

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I believe Bill is looking for Genuine Suzuki add-ons that are already available in other countries, but not in the USA. If you can come up with a Suzuki part number, it belongs on this list. If it is aftermarket (made by someone other than Suzuki), or something you'd like them to produce that is not currently in production, it is not really what he is looking for here.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I say just make everything that is made for the Burgman's available here in the states.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Where are these parts available? We should be able to find a dealer in those countries that is willing to do an overseas ship to make a sale. With all of us that are interested - any dealer willing could make a good profit off of exporting. Or one of us could bring them in and resell them. Ordering them over the internet with PayPal or a credit card would be my preference. I bought several parts for my Suzuki Bandit 1200 from France, because the big standards are a lot more popular there.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seatec said:
wing ledges no is 990D0-10G00-WAB. Electric mirrors kit. Elactric windshield kit if they have them.
I pulled the 650 wind wings part number from the Suzuki Germany web site. Where did you get that part number? I wonder if the part number changed by specific year although the product may not have changed?

Forgot about the electric mirror kit. Anyone have the part number?

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lilleyen said:
Chrome muffler cover
silver or blue passenger backrests
Will add the chrome muffler cover. Are the color backrests not available or does suzuki offer one? I'll have to look at the 650 options to see what is available.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correct Paul. I thought I'd take a list to the dealer and see if he could get any of the parts. He's already checking into the wind wings for the 650.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
seatec said:
Electric mirrors kit.
Added :

Electromotive housing mirror - Suzuki part number 56000-10831-YAY

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lilleyen said:
650 items
Chrome muffler cover
Added for the 650:
Muffler cover (chrome) - Suzuki part number 14780-10812-000

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sent the wish list off to Yamaha Suzuki of Cool Springs and they were only able to locate one item on the wish list. It's the grip heater for the Burgman 650 :

The one part we can get is part#57100-10830 Heater and it retails for $309.32--it is one back order and we do not have a timeframe in which to expect it in.
I wrote them back and asked that they follow up on the replacement keys since that is one item that has been requested several times. From the prior dealer responses, I'm not hopeful ... but it never hurts to try again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: wish list

While I "only" have the 400, a great part/option would be an electric windscreen kit, taken from the Executive for the 650. I have (and am selling) a Honda ST1300 ABS with the electric screen and there is NOTHING like it to eliminate windblast. I know there is a kit available for owners to upgrade their non-ABS STs, and I think Suzuki would do well to offer such a kit for the Burgman. Maybe this group can let them know there is a demand.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I was thinking of ordering the grits maker kit, but found I had to live in Kentucky to order that. Now the tv with Hoosier basketball package was available in Indiana, but only for a short time...

Suzuki is sooooo stupid for not offering everything but the kitchen sink for these bikes... I always thought the Japaneese thought things through on how to get the most bang for the buck, especially from us dumb Americans....Guess the laugh is on them...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Great idea Bill, would it be possible to send off a group sponsored letter to Suzuki USA? I've always thought Suzuki USA was missing the boat by not offering the many accessories that others have access to. While it is possible to get them through foreign dealers, it would be so much easier going to your local dealer to get them.
Everybody knows, especially those with Gold Wing and Harley backgrounds, that we love hanging accessories on our bike to make them better, and or more personalized.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts