Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the suzuki dealer yesterday buying some oil. the tech says "hey u r the guy that got the burgman!" we start chatting. i was really surprised at his knowledge of the bike. he went on and on about how he loves the technology of the 'SE-CVT 'as he calls it. said he knows about the redesign of the primary cvt assy where the stopper bolt inserts. he calls that area the' SECVT CLUTCH' . not really sure what that means but he said it worked in conjunction with the idle gears.

he said with the new desgn , he thinks the secvt would last as long as the rest of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
I fear I don't track the forum as religiously as in former times.
What model years did/will this redesign impact?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
2011-UP models though the areas that failed on both my '03, '06, LeDudes, and on Ken's friends 650 remain the same. The changes only affect the stopper bolt and from some photos I've seen the bolts still wears but has more surface area to support so it's a slight improvement IMHO.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MJR said:
2011-UP models though the areas that failed on both my '03, '06, LeDudes, and on Ken's friends 650 remain the same. The changes only affect the stopper bolt and from some photos I've seen the bolts still wears but has more surface area to support so it's a slight improvement IMHO.
what area failed on yours? belt?

i asked him about the belt and he said its probably the weakest link of the secvt. even though is really strong, its just hard to see it lasting over 60k miles. but he said he thinks the secvt itself will last long as the engine or rest of bike. but u never know when a bearing could go bad, but that true with any bike. he says years ago there was an ignition assy problem that required a replacement.

also he refered to the burgman 650 as "suzuki's baby." LOL, '' all their high technology went into it''

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
cmn1771 said:
what area failed on yours? belt?'
The failure was at the input bearing, o-ring, and primary shaft. My '03 only had 26K on it and the '06 54K.

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
Does the new bolt work on the older models?

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Tromper said:
Does the new bolt work on the older models?
NO. It only works with the newest primary assembly. The new bolt is 2 mm longer than the old style bolt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts