Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again Burgies,

I have been working my tail off this last week to finally find and purchase a 650 Burgman. Well, seems like the craigslist ones I am always a day late dollar short. So I thought I would try the dealerships around my area. I can not believe the prices and I missed out on the 2012 sales. So, I asked how much for it out the door.

Surprisingly, most of Indiana's dealers no longer deal with Suzuki. Then I get the price with the 700 dollar discount on the 2013's I have been getting 10400 to 11480.13. I dunno if I feel comfortable dropping that much cash on my first burgman because I know other expenses I will need to get for a few modifications like a seat for being to tall, I would like a givi box, and could someone explain the car tire scenario to me.

Anyways, if anyone knows of the area or bike for sale 10k or less miles, pretty clean, and I only feel comfortable at 6500 out the door for something 2010 or newer let me know. From looking at craigslist, scooterfind, cycletrader I would have to say thats a fair offer.

I missed out on a 2009 with 6k miles for 3500 by 1 hour =(. Anyways thanks for the help. I am willing to travel up to 200 miles from Indianapolis area closer the better.

And may the Schwartz be with you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thy cycletrader.com. There's still dealers listing on there for the new 2012 from $6500 and up. We just got our new 2012 1 month ago for $7,100 out the door. The dealer here in Olathe Ks had one and might still it for $7,500 out the door. The dealer in Grandview, MO came down from $8,500 to $7,250 trying to get me to buy but I told him I had another dealer at $7,100 and that's where I went. It was 1 1/2 hrs away but I didn't mind. I was looking at the ones in OH and GA until I checked around here in KC. You just have to look up all the dealers in your area and check their sites. That's how I found ours.
He didn't have it advertised but had it listed on his site and I called, told him I had another local dealer down to $7,500, he called me back and said $7,100. Picked it up 4 days later.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cgribble, yeah most of the bikes on trader need updated. Most have been sold a long time ago. I have been calling everyone Suzuki has as a dealer and none of them have 2012's in stock or used for that matter it seems.

I have been making calls the last few days before the weekend. I have went as far as Urbana, Ill dealer who was the cheapest for a 2013 to as far east as Columbus Ohio, down to Louisville, Ky, and as far north as Milwaukee and all have been sold it seems or they do not have anything in stock.

I left one offer with someone on craigslist waiting to hear a yes or no. But it seems 650's are a little rare in Indianapolis, IN area. The hard thing is averaging out the prices I have seen some awesome deals on scooterfind but they are just to far away for me.

I am almost considering going with a 400 or silverwing I am ready to ride and have money in my pocket.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got one Thursday I hope to pick it up. 2012 Suzuki Burgman with under 600 miles, helmet, 2 pairs of suzuki classes, wheel locks, and a few other things for 7k. I can not wait 2 hour drive but I hope well worth it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey, congratulations. Seems like a great deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad to see you found a good deal on one, sort of makes you think twice about that price new and the resale value of one 1-2 years old, doesn't it.

John

·
Registered
770 Posts
He's nuts! I paid less than that for my 2012 with 835 miles!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well for being a responsible individual I could not get off work today to go get it. She sold it. I even had the cash at the house. Keepin my eye out. Yea, I am not budging from 7k cash for a 2012 with hardly no miles. She had a good offer wish I would of played hookey today.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
This is the only one I could find within your parameters , a month ago there were several like this . NOW .......not so much .

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/4412406251.html

On another note if you are looking for some thing special I guarantee you it's out there , but odds are it's not going to be close to home .

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
wow, that seems a lot. $7000 for a 2012 with 835 miles on it. I paid $5440 for my 2012 400cc with 1426kms on it which is slightly more then 886 miles. Even allowing for exchange rate of $1.10 Canadian to buy $1.00 Us that is only $5930. so an extra $1070 is a lot. Of course Spring is here and it is prime riding time and everybody has the same thought to get out and ride. Wish you best of luck in your search. Cheers Sally.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dealer near Akron, OH has a new 2011 listed for 6,498 or a 2012 for 6,998 on (State 8 Motorcycles website).

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
Also something else to consider..

If the dealer can't make a buck, they will not stay in business.

If they are not in business, who will sell the new bikes, and service others for those that can't do their own service?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well for being a responsible individual I could not get off work today to go get it. She sold it. I even had the cash at the house. Keepin my eye out. Yea, I am not budging from 7k cash for a 2012 with hardly no miles. She had a good offer wish I would of played hookey today.
My 2102 Exec with 11,000 miles and in like-new condition may be for sale soon. I bought it planning to sell my V-Strom, but the Strom hasn't sold yet. If it doesn't sell in the next week I'll put the Burgman on the market and take the first deal on either one. It's white with a color-matching T-Max top case. Believe me, its showroom new condition. Price will be $6900.

It's in Sarasota FL. What few 2012s I see down here are in the $8000 asking range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts