Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I am thinking mounting my 50 liter Givi Monokey on my '07 650 Exe. There is someone here that has the OEM Suzuki rack for sale and according to the seller any Monokey Givi will fit it. I was wondering if that was sturdy enough for a loaded (20 lbs or so) Givi. Anyone use it? Would I perhaps be better off with the Givi?

Also, is all I have to do is take off the factory backrest and install the rack in the existing holes?

As always, all replies are appreciated.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't know about the Suzuki Rack, I'm sure it's strong enough, but if it mounts through the Suzuki rear plastic does it have metal braces under the plastic to support the weight of the Givi Trunk. Plus you are going to have to buy the Givi mounting plate and it would be an extra cost if you want to have the trunk where it is removable. I personally have always used the Givi mounting system, it all works as it should, but the cost could be a little more.

John

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plus you are going to have to buy the Givi mounting plate and it would be an extra cost if you want to have the trunk where it is removable.

John
Are you sure about that? I sure looks to me like the Monokey box should fit right onto the Suzuki one without any sort of adaptor.

Plus like I stated in my post the seller says that any Monokey system fits right onto it. I was just more concerned about how robust it is compared to the Givi.

I have had a Givi rack mounted to my PC800 for over 18 years and it's still going strong.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I've seen the Suzuki rack, go for it, I didn't know that the Givi would mount to it. What is the Suzuki part number for that rack?

John
Haven't a clue. So far I have not even been able to Google it. I may have to give the local Soozook dealer a call and see if they can tell me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey Guys

I am thinking mounting my 50 liter Givi Monokey on my '07 650 Exe. There is someone here that has the OEM Suzuki rack for sale and according to the seller any Monokey Givi will fit it. I was wondering if that was sturdy enough for a loaded (20 lbs or so) Givi. Anyone use it? Would I perhaps be better off with the Givi?

Also, is all I have to do is take off the factory backrest and install the rack in the existing holes?

As always, all replies are appreciated.
My 2012 Exec is fitted with a 50 litre Givi Monokey topcase on a Givi rack.

My 2013 400 is fitted with a 45 litre Suzuki topcase on a Suzuki rack.

Both topcases fit both racks, so I can use which ever one I need for the day.

Hope that helps.:D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 2012 Exec is fitted with a 50 litre Givi Monokey topcase on a Givi rack.

My 2013 400 is fitted with a 45 litre Suzuki topcase on a Suzuki rack.

Both topcases fit both racks, so I can use which ever one I need for the day.

Hope that helps.:D
Yes it does. Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts