1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, from experience I can tell you that Victory, H-D owners wouldn't say anything bad about their $30,000 investment even if it were costing them a fortune to keep running. I also think a little bit of that is true with Honda (read GW) owners. Having said that, I can vouch for the comfort of the big H-D (I owned a Roadking for 15 years). Most big bikes are comfortable - size matters (don't tell my wife). One of my best friends owns a 2012 GW and he just loves it. I'd love to have a GW but don't ride the miles anymore to justify the price. Neither does he but he says, what the ****, you only live once.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Dunno about their bikes - but their cars suck ass. So much so that after having made the mistake of buying one, I don't think I will be buying any of their other products.

But to be fair, consumer reports very much has an agenda and bias with its reporting of vehicles. It routines rates Jeep Wranglers as being total pieces of **** you shouldn't drive even if they were free, using the same criteria it uses to judge BMWs and Hondas, without any regard to the criteria people actually use when buying a Jeep or its intended market and/or use.

I wouldn't trust CR for vehicle ratings. They should stick to reporting on washing machines and dish soap.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't know about CR having an agenda, I wouldn't by a Jeep and if you gave me one I'd get rid of it. They are ugly, get crappy gas mileage, and ride like a stagecoach. But hey some people like ugly critters. :)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My sons Victory sure didn't cost any 30 grand. Only problem he has had was it needed a new rear shock six months ago. It's a 2010 he bought used in 2012.
Cost otd was about same as mine. Only difference his had a 1 in front.;)

100_0498.jpg

·
Registered
770 Posts
CR has had a severe GIGO problem for a very long time.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Two different pieces of data. One looks at Brand Loyalty while the other looks at Brand Reliability.

If one is love struck with a brand then they tend to overlook reliability issues.

As they say love is blind.:confused:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I wouldn't by a Jeep and if you gave me one I'd get rid of it.
New Wranglers Unlimited are actually very hot by design, brutal so to speak, how military should be. Quality though much inferior to the G-Class, but price is also different a bit :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I think this list is tainted!

I know several Harley riders who have problems with their bikes and one switched to a Triumph. Another guy had his bike in and out of the shop for almost a year before they got it all sorted. On the other hand you have to look hard to find somebody who has problems with Honda/Yamaha bikes. Now there are some Harley guys who, no matter how bad the bikes are, will never ride anything else. Obviously these are the ones that got asked on this!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I think this list is tainted!

I know several Harley riders who have problems with their bikes and one switched to a Triumph. Another guy had his bike in and out of the shop for almost a year before they got it all sorted. On the other hand you have to look hard to find somebody who has problems with Honda/Yamaha bikes. Now there are some Harley guys who, no matter how bad the bikes are, will never ride anything else. Obviously these are the ones that got asked on this!
I know a guy who had a harley.....had nothing but problems with it. He now has, wait for it..........a Vespa!!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've owned 3 Honda's; a cub and two helix's. Now on my second Burgman 400. The helix was more comfortable to ride but the Burgman is the best by far. Oh and I had a Yamaha Majesty for about two weeks, hated it.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it is true, it gets around 15 MPG and I have had to do a lot of maint. to it over the years; I have also owned a 1100 V-star (bullet proof), and the only reason I got rid of it was due to the fact it was too loud and too heavy for me (sign of the times).
I bought a 2012 Honda Silverwing for two reasons: #1 I owned a 400 Burgman in the past (I will say no more about that). #2 This site showed me of different reasons not to by a 650. Now, I am sure many of you love your scoots ( and should), however the choices I have made were best for me.
I have been away for a couple of years and will like to rejoin the community since (in my opinion) this is the best site on the web.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have been away for a couple of years and will like to rejoin the community since (in my opinion) this is the best site on the web.
I'll agree that this is the best Burgman forum on the web, but for your Silverwing info the Silverwing 600 forum is the best on the web. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Consumer Reports is not to be believed, several years ago when rating compact pickups, they rated the Mazda as much more reliable then the Ford Ranger, when they were both made by Ford and were identical. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Consumer Reports is not to be believed, several years ago when rating compact pickups, they rated the Mazda as much more reliable then the Ford Ranger, when they were both made by Ford and were identical. Go figure.
I have always found Consumer Reports reviews and comparative reports, those relating to product categories with which I have been intimate familiarity, to be at least 99.44% BS.

That said, in my 45 years experience with Jap bikes I have never found Suzuki to be the overall quality leader.

The way I have seen their overall quality (street bikes, top to bottom) is:

Honda
Yamaha
Kawasaki (in a close tie with Yamaha)
Suzuki

1 - 20 of 24 Posts