Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greengoose mentioned that Corbin had lurked on our site for a few days.

I also monitor a V-Strom forum similar to this one. The owner of that forum hosts a radio show, and he interviewed a Suzuki rep on one of his shows. It came out during the interview that Suzuki had lurked on his site, and that input they obtained there and been partially responsible for one of the 2004 model year changes. I don't recall right now, but I think it might have been the adjustable windscreen.

So recently one of the forum members suggested that they create a topic category specifically for feedback that they wanted to get to Suzuki regarding the V-Stroms. Yesterday, a category was created called "Feedback to Suzuki". Second post in the category was "Please make our speedometers accurate, not 10% low".

I wonder if we should do the same thing here. If we do, we should keep posts in that category polite, and strictly on target - as though we were talking to Suzuki management (because we might very well be doing that).

We've all expressed frustration on the speedo error, windshield efficiency, and so forth to each other, but this might be a way to do something more constructive. I doubt that Suzuki would ever respond to these posts, I think that is against their policy - but they might read them, and possibly react to some of them.

What do you think???

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Outstanding idea! I think Suzuki does read this site. Maybe we can get them to make the 400 and 650 with a radio next year- standard equipment!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
casek said:
Outstanding idea! I think Suzuki does read this site. Maybe we can get them to make the 400 and 650 with a radio next year- standard equipment!
Go for optional... I think that might be a good option for the Executive. For years, Honda has made the Goldwing in several models, ranging from basic to fully loaded (other manufacturers do the same with their touring rigs). I really like the basic models, they cost less, are lighter, and the sound of a nice exhaust note is all I need. Other folks will readily pay more for all the bells and whistles. Suzuki seems headed in that direction with the Burgman Executive already. Just a thought...

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Anything that can make a good bike better should be tried,
after all who better then us that live with them day to day 8)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greengoose has given us the category. It is under "General" and called "Feedback for Suzuki". Let's keep it polite and focused - no conversations - just direct input to Suzuki regarding the scooters.

Note: It is OK to repeat a suggestion that someone else made - kind of like adding another vote. No guarantee that Suzuki will read these suggestions - but I think it is likely that they will. It is unlikely that they will respond to a post. But if you see one of your suggestions implemented on the 2006 model Burgman, you might have had something to do with it...

Thanks

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted some categories, and my comments, for Suzuki feedback items that I could think of. Please feel free to chime in and add your comment to Suzuki in any of those categories, whether you agree or disagree with my opinion. But make your comments directly to Suzuki (not as responses to my posts). You may also have additional ideas on how some of these items should be addressed. And there are other categories that could be added - I know there are music & communication desires for some of you, issues with availability of accessories in the USA, etc. Let's get our wish lists documented!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pauljo: I have no clue where to post suggestions. I thought this was the Suzuki Feedback site? Obviously not, as you mention posting categories and comments. They aren't here, for sure.

Blind in Bisbee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts