Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 06 Burg about 6 months ago! 3000 orig miles on her & oh yea! I'm in Love...I have had Motorcycles all my life..From Yamahas to Harleys...From 125cc's to 1500 cc's & Nothing! I repeate NOTHING IS MORE FUN TO RIDE THEN THIS SCOOT!! Buzzing around town is a blast & taking her to the Highways is almost a high! Nothing is more fun then passing people at 80 miles an hour & they look at you like (HOW THE **** IS THAT SCOOTER GOING THAT FAST??) Little do they know that she has much more to give....Just a twist of the throttle & I'm at 110 MPH if I choose? No shifting...No foot brake...Just start & go..I will NEVER BUY A MOTERCYCLE AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE! in closing can I say one more thing?? DAM I LOVE THIS SC:DOOT!!!!!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Bought my 06 Burg about 6 months ago! 3000 orig miles on her & oh yea! I'm in Love...I have had Motorcycles all my life..From Yamahas to Harleys...From 125cc's to 1500 cc's & Nothing! I repeate NOTHING IS MORE FUN TO RIDE THEN THIS SCOOT!! Buzzing around town is a blast & taking her to the Highways is almost a high! Nothing is more fun then passing people at 80 miles an hour & they look at you like (HOW THE **** IS THAT SCOOTER GOING THAT FAST??) Little do they know that she has much more to give....Just a twist of the throttle & I'm at 110 MPH if I choose? No shifting...No foot brake...Just start & go..I will NEVER BUY A MOTERCYCLE AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE! in closing can I say one more thing?? DAM I LOVE THIS SC:DOOT!!!!!
Hahahahahahahahaha...!!!!!!! Just one of the reasons why my GL1800 Goldwing has so few miles on it............!! It's a blast to ride.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
..I will NEVER BUY A MOTERCYCLE AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE! in
That's exactly what I thought when I sold my last BMW motorcycle last Saturday. However, by Sunday I was looking on Craigs List and by Monday, I owned a Yamaha V-Star. After 40+ years, you can't just abandon motorcycles. My main ride will be my Burgman 650 but my toy will be my little custom cruiser.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm new here as well and I have just purchased a 2011 Burgie 400ABS. I had a Yamaha VStar 1100 and had put a three wheel kit on it. Now that I'm a senior citizen with bad knees, shoulders, neck, back...well, let's just say the old body is falling apart...I am so thankful to have found scooters! I was having trouble throwing my leg over the bike and putting the three wheel kit on it was actually a mistake for me. The hard steering and vibration agravated a herniated disc in my neck and I went from a shot to surgery. I went to a local park and saw these strange looking bikes...cross between a cruiser and sport bike? Imagine my surprise when I discovered these big bikes were SCOOTERS! Wow...I thought scooters were the little putt putt 50cc bikes. Long story short...found a SYM RV250 that was used, one owner, like new, reasonable price...and I was back in the saddle again! I gave the Yamaha to my son who was in need of some reliable transportation. I just happened to discover the 2011 Burgman 400ABS at my local shop, on consignment, and I saw it the first day they had it. Another one owner, lady learning to ride, never been down, 2400 miles...looks brand new! I fell in love with it and after a little haggling, got it at a price I could live with. I have not even picked it up yet as I'm having a Givi windshield and top box put on. I hate those stock windshields! Other than that, what's not to love? After researching for the last couple of years and considering all the scooters out there, I finally determined that this was the bike for me. Not too big, not too small...just right! I intend to ride this thing into the ground...or until I'm in the ground...whichever comes first!

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! Yes Burgmans are great! JC

·
Registered
739 Posts
I was just thinking that today as Ibuzzed up and down the mid capehgwy on Cape Cod at a steady 80+ (except when my 6th sense picked up the speed traps).. Just great.. !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts