Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Good morning everyone, I was wondering if you could help me. I'm looking for oil filters and the O rings that go to my 2006 Bergman AN400. Where can I find these parts? Any suggestions? I had to order the filter and I cant seem to find the O rings that fit inside the lid of the oil cap or inside the where the filter sits. I would prefer not to buy from dealerships.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I typically get OEM parts from partzilla.com, there are others as well, Bike Bandit comes to mind. They have the parts fiche with part numbers. You can also search eBay once you have the part number; sometimes you can find the more common items like that for less.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I bet if you took the o-ring to a Napa Auto Parts store they would be able help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I typically get OEM parts from partzilla.com, there are others as well, Bike Bandit comes to mind. They have the parts fiche with part numbers. You can also search eBay once you have the part number; sometimes you can find the more common items like that for less.
Hi Gary, Thank you for telling me about these places to purchase parts. I will check them out...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet if you took the o-ring to a Napa Auto Parts store they would be able help.
Oh I can do that! Not a problem. But places like Auto Zone, would they by chance have the o rings I'm looking for? I will take them to Napa, but I must admit, Auto Zone is closer to me. Thank you for your support.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
They might ....no hurt in trying.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You may find compatible sized but I would not get anything but oem for that. Sparg plug lubes or some bolts etc yea no problem. Not specific parts like that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They might ....no hurt in trying.
Went t Napa

Went to Napa this morning, no O rings, no filters either. Just letting you know.

You may find compatible sized but I would not get anything but oem for that. Sparg plug lubes or some bolts etc yea no problem. Not specific parts like that.
Ok, why do you say you would not use parts that are compatible? I'm asking because I did find an O ring, compatible, and I used it. Something I should be concerned about that I should consider?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I had to pick up a couple tupperware plugs Friday and Napa gave me a binder with blister pack pages of a hundred different nylon fasteners .... that’s odd they wouldn’t have o-rings.

Did you take an o-ring with you or did you ask for an o-ring for a Suzuki Burgman ?

Napa is a different kind of auto-part store than most...people with old tractors go to Napa .

“Ok, why do you say you would not use parts that are compatible? I'm asking because I did find an O ring, compatible, and I used it. Something I should be concerned about that I should consider?”

If you got an an automotive o-ring the same size you’ll be safe to use it. Oil filter is a different story ....but I bet you could get close if you find yourself stranded.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to pick up a couple tupperware plugs Friday and Napa gave me a binder with blister pack pages of a hundred different nylon fasteners .... that’s odd they wouldn’t have o-rings.

Did you take an o-ring with you or did you ask for an o-ring for a Suzuki Burgman ?

Napa is a different kind of auto-part store than most...people with old tractors go to Napa .

“Ok, why do you say you would not use parts that are compatible? I'm asking because I did find an O ring, compatible, and I used it. Something I should be concerned about that I should consider?”

If you got an an automotive o-ring the same size you’ll be safe to use it. Oil filter is a different story ....but I bet you could get close if you find yourself stranded.

Good morning, Yes, I took both O rings with me. They could only match the smaller o ring and even then, it was a bit thicker then the one I took off. I also took my oil filters, to c if by chance they had them in stock and they did not. It turns out I found a place that is a Suzuki and Kymco dealer. I drove there yesterday which is about 35 mins from me and I ordered a bunch of stuff from there. I also have a Kymco 300,so I also got parts from them for that scooter. So I was able to change the oil and the gear oil without a problem yesterday. In case anybody is wondering, I have a kymco 2016 300i Downtown, and I have a 2006 Suzuki Bergman AN400. I think the Bergman sits better and has better weight distribution. On the other hand, The Kymco, has 13" wheels and drives better. Of course this is only my personal opinion. If I had to pick one over the other. I would pick the Bergman. Thank you all so much for your guidance and support. You are all appreciated. :) Ride safe my friends!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
"They could only match the smaller o ring and even then, it was a bit thicker then the one I took off "

this is why. it may match, almost good, possibly good, but not perfect fit and finish. its not bad, but these small things that create leaks is something I wouldnt want to deal with. certain things, only oem. other things whatever is cheapest and "good enough"

"I drove there yesterday which is about 35 mins from me and I ordered a bunch of stuff from there. "
yea man, get piece of mind. next time order online. imo, the prices are more competitive online then walk in..over here anyways.

"I would pick the Bergman "
is yours the ss eagle bergman like mine? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

im looking to get my next scooter soon. my b400 is a piece of sh...shining beauty sitting in the parking spot looking so regal. I try to jump start it with a kick to the side plastics, but alas it is a sleeping giant.

im looking at b400 prices and sheesh are people in lalaland. those price and km are through the roof.

I badly want to get a sym maxsym 600. have researched the hell out of it. about 1/2-3/4 sec slower
0-60 then both b650 and even tmax. much cheaper maintenance and parts. my burgman is great. the problem is its the only one that thinks it is.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My problem with a non-oem part like a filter o-ring is that it might 'look' identical but could be different enough, either in composition or dimensions, that under certain conditions could leak or fail. However unlikely, this could have catastrophic results. Not worth it to me for a few-dollar part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My problem with a non-oem part like a filter o-ring is that it might 'look' identical but could be different enough, either in composition or dimensions, that under certain conditions could leak or fail. However unlikely, this could have catastrophic results. Not worth it to me for a few-dollar part.
Try online with IronPony.com, one of the largest parts supplier in the country, huge bricks and mortar store too, I‘ve gotten my filters and o- rings there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try online with IronPony.com, one of the largest parts supplier in the country, huge bricks and mortar store too, I‘ve gotten my filters and o- rings there.
Ok, thank you for telling me. I will check it out...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The feed back I received on my question turned out to be pretty informative. Thank you everybody! Your the best.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts