Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Zealand made, using high quality 4mm Marine Grade Aluminum :D . The side frame is available for the left or right sides and is compatible with all Givi Monokey luggage cases (available separately), including Givi E21, E36, E360, E45, E460 & E41 side cases.
The one piece frame is lightweight, very strong and well-engineered requiring only four bolts and two small spacers to fit on to existing bike mounting points.
The design fits snugly against the bike with a narrow profile giving a discreet, factory appearance. Hardware to fit the frame and mount Givi case is included.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 229797.htm

If any member is interested you may private email me.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
That 150 figure is New Zealand dollars, right? And any experience on shipping costs to the USA, for instance.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are priced at $150 NZ each, (approximately $110 US or GBP 66.19) they are light in weight and I would say impossible to damage, Air freight to US usually takes 5 - 7 days. I will get an Air Freight price tomorrow; I will be surprised if it’s more that $20 NZ.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Dave,

Thanks for the info. Look like a really nice product -- now I'll have to decide whether I really want to mount side cases. Thanks.

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
If any of you order these side case mounts I'd be very interested in what you think of them. I'm hesitant to order something like this that costs this much without some first hand recommendations!

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
590 Posts
I will have a pair of these mounts within the next few weeks, and will post comments when I receive them.

All my emails to Kiwi Dave have been answered promptly, and all questions were answered to my comlete satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Thanks. A first hand review would be great!

I like how simple these side mounts are to attach to the bike. I also think it's a bonus that they don't need the fore and aft support struts that the Fehling mounts do. The bike isn't all cluttered up that way.

Gary

·
Registered
590 Posts
For any Canadians out there considering these and looking for good prices on Givi E21's - or other Givi products - check out this seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GIVI-SAD ... ccessories

Price(s) & shipping comparable to 'sale' pricing from Twisted Throttle & others, but shipped from Calgary so no brokerage charges.
Right now they are also paying the GST.
Looks like a deal to me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I had the Mueller mounts which are very similar to these, and I replaced them with the Fehling mount and IMHO I think the Fehling are a much better deal, they mount to the frame and the handrails and seem much sturdier, actually I think they could work as crashbars and the make a greaat tied down point if I have to trailer the bike. The Muellers and these appear to mount only to the handrails and the lower plastic body panel...

I personnally feel that the Fehlings are a better deal even if they cost a little more...... :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Hey Leo38,

Did you receive the side case mounts you ordered yet? Just wondering what you think of them.

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
590 Posts
Not yet - I know they are shipped, but never had anything from NZ before so don't know when to expect delivery.
Christmas mailing season doesn't help either.
Will post a review soon after I get them - hopefully any day now.
Jim.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Leo38,

Muchas gracias!

Gary

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Leo38,

Thanks for the review. I'll be looking forward to your next review after you install the frames!

One poster's said that he prefers the Fehling mounts because they seem more solid and also might act as a crash bar. I'm not real interested in the crash bar aspect, but I am in the solidity issue.

Happy new year!

Gary

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
I am currently working on a review of Kiwi Dave's great saddlebag mounts, paired up with two Bestem 929s, should have it out next week.

all I can say thus far, is that Dave has got an outstanding product worth every penny, that 4mm aluminum is top notch and stiffer than
anything else I have seen out there in a long while.

anybody in the market for a set of side case mounts, should not hesitate to order Dave's, it's a very high quality product that fits he 650
like a glove.

I had to make two simple adjustments because of the aftermarket bags that I am using but more on that later.
If you are going to use them with standard Givi bags, you won't have to do anything, just bolt them on and you are all set to go.

teaser pic:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.