Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki Burgman 400 - Full Mods - Best Touring Machine Video

Walkthrough of my Burgman set up for long distance riding.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad it helped!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm surprised you haven't done the sliders in the transmission yet. I liked video. Very well done. What do you do with all the video footage you get from the two cameras on the bike?

·
Registered
425 Posts
What a great video walk through... Thank you!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
editing takes a lot of my limited free time but its part of the fun, sharing it with you guys.
it's cool you've liked the vid. I shot it while taking a break!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Nice job, Fernando! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@gec343: thanks!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Looking sharp Fernando. Nice set up you got there.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Burgman dominando :D But i don't see the backrest extender, did you decide not to use it?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Nice, very nice.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Fernando I love your videos. I have my 650 set up for touring also. Today I got a lot of ideas from what you have done to your bike. I am going to look into mounting my GPS in the center of my steering like you have done to your bike.

Oh, I guess I will mention that I am an Airhawk believer too. I have an Airhawk R on my bike. I like it so well that I bought an Airhawk (for trucks) to go on my office chair for use at my computer (I am sitting on it right now).

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
:thumbup: TheReaper!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know what you mean Fernando. It's a great touring bike. Just got back from a wonderful 1200 mi. ride out to West Texas and New Mexico from Austin Texas. Went right through a nasty thunder storm with no problems! The bike just works fantastic even on I-10 with a speed limit of 80. I kept it between 70 & 80 for hours and hours. Plenty of cargo space. Didn't need any extra luggage( staying in hotels you don't need near as much stuff). Can't wait for the next long ride.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Fernando, that was an outstanding video. thanks so much for sharing with the group. keep up the good work and drive safe. Mark

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Bolzen: We used up that space in between with the camelbak. so we decided not to use it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@marksbike: thank you!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Are you happy with your Denali D2 lights? I'm thinking about getting the DR1 lights for my 650.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Here is what a few of us in the group I ride with are using. They are about the lowest price I've found for LEDs that light up the road. I've seen cheaper LEDs that work for conspicuously lights but don't light up the road like these do. I wish I knew someone local that had the Denali lights that I could compare with. I would hope the Denali lights work better because they cost about $380 and these are only $36.90 with free shipping.
This is where to buy them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20W-LED-Round-Spot-Fog-Running-CREE-Light-For-ATV-Ranger-Rincon-Rhino-Grizzly-/380664343128?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a15cea58

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Are you happy with your Denali D2 lights? I'm thinking about getting the DR1 lights for my 650.
Yes, they are expensive but worth every penny, they light truly more than 400ft, without them would have been very difficult to ride in Argentina in some parts where it was rainy, foggy and had to cross "some" rivers caused by the rain, if you can afford them, you will not regret it.

If you go with the DR1, its the only model that I'm aware can take different type of lens (yellow or white with wide patterns), you should get those too.

take a look at this video, in the night part I turn them on/off, so you can see:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts