Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Burgman community:
I want to buy a Suzuki burgman 400 for a project, I want to swap the engine of a suzuki burgman 650cc into the burgman 400 chassis, so can the 650 engine fit into the burgman 400 chassis ??
If not, what other engines may fit into the burgman 400 chassis for more power !
Thanks in advance for all your responses

·
Administrator
22,774 Posts
The only things close to being the same between the AN400 and AN650 is its looks and its name. The 650 engine is much longer and is mounted up front under your feet. The 400 is a short swingarm mounted engine under your butt.

Just put 400 emblems on the 650 and you're done.

Can it be done? Yes, if you cut most of the 400 frame off and weld in the 650s frame.
Is it worth it? That is up to you to totally redesign the bike.

Take the 650 emblems off the 650 and put 200 emblems on.

Reactions: JRoss

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
While they may look similar, underneath the plastic they are two completely different beasts. I would be shocked if that was possible even with extensive modifications. If you want 650 power, find a nice used 650, buy and ride.

Reactions: JRoss and Dave_J

·
Premium Member
14,408 Posts
If you want to put a bigger twin cylinder engine in the B400 frame then you would probably be better off with a Honda Silverwing engine. In layout it is a closer match than the B650 engine transmission layout. But then why not just get a Silverwing.

·
Administrator
22,774 Posts
Not sure what bikes are available in Morocco.

I think he wants a "Sleeper" hot rod.

Since the Burgman 650's engine is hidden, if I was doing a "Sleeper" I'd put Burgman 250 on the sides of my 650.

·
Administrator
22,774 Posts
Pictures below are of the two engines in about the same scale. The first is the AN400
Motor vehicle Gas Machine Metal Engineering

The next two fit together so the overall length is much much longer than the AN400
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories Vehicle
Product Bumper Font Gas Machine

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello Burgman community:
I want to buy a Suzuki burgman 400 for a project, I want to swap the engine of a suzuki burgman 650cc into the burgman 400 chassis, so can the 650 engine fit into the burgman 400 chassis ??
If not, what other engines may fit into the burgman 400 chassis for more power !
Thanks in advance for all your responses
Why?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello my friend
I would have preferred to speak Arabic with you, but respect for the members of the forum, I will speak English and use Google for translation

If you want to modify Burjuman 400 and add 650 engine, So that's fine, but it doesn't just depend on changing the engine. There are also other factors that you should consider
First: the brake system must be changed completely

Second: The wheels must be changed to match the speed and suspension system

Third: The weight of the bike is complete to withstand this modification and its stability with speed

Fourth: The bearing capacity of the chassis for this modification with speed

There are also other factors that need to be taken into account for the adjustment. Ultimately, the cost for this will be very close to the price of 650

The closest engine for this IS SYM they have a 600CC engine I think it fits IN the 400 without too many adjustments

Good luck everyone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.