Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my two cents worth but don't buy it. Spend a little bit extra money and get the GIVI topbox. I thought I would save a few dollars and go with the Suzuki brand on my 400. Big mistake. Its made of cheap plastic, flexible and has a really cheap lock on it that I expect to not last very long.

It has a matte finish that looks like its been stored in a closet somewhere, not in a box. Scratches and marks that makes it look years old rather than new. When I told the store who installed it that I thought it looked really bad they said they could order a GIVI but it would cost me a re-stocking fee plus they wouldn't refund my labor charges.

So for anyone out there looking for a topbox go for the name brand, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Just my two cents worth but don't buy it. Spend a little bit extra money and get the GIVI topbox. I thought I would save a few dollars and go with the Suzuki brand on my 400. Big mistake. Its made of cheap plastic, flexible and has a really cheap lock on it that I expect to not last very long.

It has a matte finish that looks like its been stored in a closet somewhere, not in a box. Scratches and marks that makes it look years old rather than new. When I told the store who installed it that I thought it looked really bad they said they could order a GIVI but it would cost me a re-stocking fee plus they wouldn't refund my labor charges.

So for anyone out there looking for a topbox go for the name brand, you get what you pay for.
Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Zodiac

·
Registered
74 Posts
I LOVE my givi topcase. I have the big 52 liter and I have loaded that thing down! It's sturdy, and I like the look of it.
On my last 650, The previous owner put this tiny topcase on...it wasn't made by Suzuki, it was another brand, besteem I think. The box quality was ok, but not "sleek" looking, and it looked funny because it was so small on that big bike.
I donated it to the local scooter shop. It's the perfect size for a 150 or so.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I think we've all done that trying to save a buck , but in the end I think most would admit they wish they would have spent the extra money and gotten the GIVI . I know a lot of people think GIVI is over priced , but they should see what Harley Davidson charges for theirs . Comparatively and all things considered like their hardware , it's not all that bad IMO .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Givi products do tend to be pricy in the states due to import fees and shipping. Order from a company that's in Italy and you'll avoid the import fees, I've saved up to 50% on some Givi items.

This Givi V46 case is a steal.... I bought mine off ebay for $280 before I knew about this site.
http://www.motostorm.it/en/products/motorcycle/givi-v46-tech.html

I did however get my E21 Side Cases from them, saved around $50 on them.
http://www.motostorm.it/en/products/motorcycle/givi-e21-cruiser.html

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is Italy exempt from import duty fees?
Also, who delivers the package once it comes into the USA?
USPS, private carrier, UPS?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The duty fees were my thoughts / question too ? SO ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have the Givi Maxxia 55L topcase and I've never for a moment regretted the decision to spring the extra bucks on it. Great quality, nicely finished and it's now on it's second bike. Love my Givi!!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I wish I could change my mind...

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I had a Suzuki Top Box for my Burgman 400, it's made by Givi. Not sure what you're talking about poor quality. Both are made of matte black plastic with inserts. I also own a E55 Maxim top case. Great.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had a Suzuki Top Box for my Burgman 400, it's made by Givi. Not sure what you're talking about poor quality. Both are made of matte black plastic with inserts. I also own a E55 Maxim top case. Great.
The Suzuki (UK) supplied top box fitted to my 2013 400 is white colour matched, and is equal in every way regarding quality, to the Givi top cases on my other bikes.

just sayin' :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think it is a Givi, isn't it?
I've just checked my top box, and it is as listed under 'Suzuki genuine parts & accessories' (UK)

So although it has Suzuki decals/badges fitted.....Westnash could be correct, that it may well be manufactured by Givi.

With global manufacturing it happens all the time........just look at BMW scooters....fitted with Kymco engines/trans etc.

Everyone is 'at it' !:D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My GIVI on my last Burgman was twice as nice as this one. The lock was stronger, the attachment to the baseplate was solid. It has a cheaper feel and look to it than my last one. Maybe Suzuki has gone to a different supplier or something.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Givi products do tend to be pricy in the states due to import fees and shipping. Order from a company that's in Italy and you'll avoid the import fees, I've saved up to 50% on some Givi items.

This Givi V46 case is a steal.... I bought mine off ebay for $280 before I knew about this site.
http://www.motostorm.it/en/products/motorcycle/givi-v46-tech.html

I did however get my E21 Side Cases from them, saved around $50 on them.
http://www.motostorm.it/en/products/motorcycle/givi-e21-cruiser.html
I went to the site (motostorm) , I went through the entire thing to buy a top box . At the end just before check out I got this .

Sorry... you can't buy GIVI products from USA

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I went to the site (motostorm) , I went through the entire thing to buy a top box . At the end just before check out I got this .

Interesting, seeing that they have a built in currency converter that includes US.

·
Registered
245 Posts

That's odd. Maybe rules have changed since I bought from them last year. Sucks if it does, was a great vendor to buy from.

I never received any bill for import fees. IIRC FedEx delivered it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this is a 3 year old thread, but fwiw, I just ordered a Givi top case (Outback Trekker 58 ) and the SR3104 from Motostorm without an issue. We will see if they will actually process and ship.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know this is a 3 year old thread, but fwiw, I just ordered a Givi top case (Outback Trekker 58 ) and the SR3104 from Motostorm without an issue. We will see if they will actually process and ship.

I was just checking out the site also and it says they ship to the USA.

How much was your shipping costs for your order.

Are you aware the SR3104 also requires the SR3104KIT for the 2013+ 650's? Which I did not see on their site.

Will be interesting to see if you end up paying customs or any duties after shipping. Anybody know how this works?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts