Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's
Does any one have the Susuki rear rack fitted and are they strong enough to take a Givi Top Box (45 ltr )
I am collecting my Burgman 650 and was thinking of having a rack fitted because i have a top box that i want to fit so my wife will feal safer having somthing to lean on????????

redbird 2

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re suzuki rack

When we bought our Burgman (Aug 2002) nothing was around to fit the thing. Suzuki came out with the rack before Givi had anything to fit. We fitted our Non-Fango top box off our Majesty, by Tec screwing the base plate to the rack. I think the Suzuki rack is stronger than the Givi set up.We have had no problems in 18months of using it. Geoff (Tasmania)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Rack and top box

Hi Redbird 2.
We have a Givi 45 litre top box on the Suzuki rack, cos Givi did not offer a rack in June, well the dealer said that they could not get one. Gail finds it very suitable as a back rest, I still have to do a little padded back rest to sit against the box for her. I don't see any problems with strength of the rack. We invariably run with stuff in the top box, and did 4 days in France on what we could fit under the seat and in the box. Worked out fine. Just watch the weight, I got it a heavy one time and being so high, it upset the balance. Once we redistributed the stuff between the two big "boots" we were OK to hang it out on the curves again.

Randal and Gail

1 - 3 of 3 Posts