Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an email from someone claiming they live in Spain and offered to sell the Burgman 650 that is listed on ebey. The guy from Spain wants to sell the Burgman for $3000. This scooter the exact same one is being sold by some guy in Texas on ebey. The guy from Spain emailed me the exact same pictures that are on ebey. I could not log on to ebey and inform the guy from Texas about this. I have tried a few times without success. This looks like a scam to me but I am not sure about how to report it. I am sure the guy who claims to be selling the bike from Spain got my email from this board when I posted everyone to let them know I want to buy a used Burgman. I hate con artist and want some help.

Here ebey posting
2003 Other Suzuki : Burgman 650 Item number: 2459897004
Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Watch this item (track it in My eBay)

Go to larger picture Current bid: US $4,550.00 (Reserve not met)

Time left: 6 days 10 hours7-day listing Ends Feb-18-04 06:42:47 PST Add to Calendar
History: 11 bids (US $1,000.00 starting bid)
High bidder: mjm240 ( 0 )

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can't help with contacting E-Bay but this is a common scam that appears quite often. There have been several similiar scams buying GoldWings in the last few months. :oops:
"If it sounds too good to be true, you can bet that it is!"

·
Registered
73 Posts
fraud

...be careful, before I bought my 400, there was a guy supposedly from
TEXAS offering both a 250 and a 400 Burger and an also unbelievable
price.....and it ended up being a scam. When I emailed this person, I
got a response back from a guy overseas, not Texas as the ad indicated.
So, I wouldn't doubt that your guy from Texas and the guy from Spain
might be the same person trying to do a job on some unfortunate sole.
Buyer beware......

Gib McKain

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Jay:

As we had discussed -- that is pretty common, they are looking for the 'low hanging' fruit who would fall for the deal that is "too good to pass-up."

I experienced this when I still owned the GSXR - the GSXR board, with over 12k members: people would actually find THEIR OWN bikes for sale over the net, with pictures and everything, being sold by someone else in some other state or country. :shock:

Although I'm not sure about the eBay auction, the e-mail that you got definitely puts our proprietary BS meter to the red zone :D :

·
Registered
31 Posts
Delete it quick!

When you are bidding on ebay for large ticket items, this is a commom occurence. Do not, I mean do not ever answer the crooks, who are usually from another country. This is a scam and all they want is information about you to con money from your. Be careful, just delete it. You can report it to ebay, but this will get no action, as its just too large a scam to do anything about. I am bidding on a ride now on ebay, and have been targeted by these scumbags everyday. Its important to NEVER read their posts, for that is the scam to get you to read and respond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts