Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sushi (my 400) and I led our first group ride this weekend and received several compliments. I got some for the route (along the Delaware River and around some twisties). Sushi got some props for her speed and handling.

One of the Victory guys--a "real biker dude" guy--came up to me during our first stop, asked about her displacement. He was very impressed by how she rode, took curves, etc. A woman on the ride, a newbie, was intrigued and surprised by the fact that Sushi's fully automatic.

Sushi's become a goodwill ambassador lately. At a recent bike nite, she and Lynn's Bucky were looked over more than some of the Victorys.

Bryna

·
Registered
719 Posts
Invincsum said:
He was very impressed by how she rode, took curves, etc.
The Burgmen are very impressive and capable machines. I think bikers are typically impressed, or a little embarrassed, by how well they perform. They do almost everything a typical street bike does, and they have the added utility of comfort, storage, and automatic transmission. What they don't have is that certain swaggar.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Wasquid said:
and they have the added utility of comfort, storage, and automatic transmission. What they don't have is that certain swaggar.
Um... I don't believe I'd give up all that for something as intangible as "swagger". :wink:

I do understand what you are saying, and maybe 20 years ago that would have mattered to me. But these days, the convenient storage alone wins - hands down. Also, we are back to cold temps where I live, and the scooter has the distinct advantage of providing wind protection for the legs. It is getting very rare to see a cruiser type motorcycle on the roads now that temps are in the 30s and 40s. It's difficult to swagger when shivering...

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's difficult to swagger when shivering...
Well some might call it a swagger but it probably looks more like a walk out of an old Jerry Lewis movie. :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasquid said:
What they don't have is that certain swaggar.
That's OK. With those leather chaps and vest, I've got enough swagger for me and the bike. :D

Bryna

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I ride a Burgman 400 and still have plenty swagger,
OK, it's all in my mind and doesn't show--but it's there-- :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts