Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every year cager become worst driver, Chérie want to make sure very well seen in rain, will be receive this Tourmaster Sentinel LE hi-viz rain jacket Friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
[attachment=0:inc3o9eg]Blauer police jacket.png[/attachment:inc3o9eg]I bought a motorcycle police jacket very similar but with a very warm zip-out liner.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
BUT...........!!!!!!!! If a cager is talking on their cell phone....They are still never going to see you UNLESS - you are on fire...........!!!!!! :( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
v8eyedoc said:
BUT...........!!!!!!!! If a cager is talking on their cell phone....They are still never going to see you UNLESS - you are on fire...........!!!!!! :( :(

Perhap, but every little visibility help, Hi-Viz with reflective stripe surely better then dress in black or dark color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Chérie said:
v8eyedoc said:
BUT...........!!!!!!!! If a cager is talking on their cell phone....They are still never going to see you UNLESS - you are on fire...........!!!!!! :( :(

Perhap, but every little visibility help, Hi-Viz with reflective stripe surely better then dress in black or dark color.
I agree completely , if I could get a flashing light helmet I would wear it too :D

As for black, that's for evening wear :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
All my riding jackets are in that Hi-Viz Lime/Yellow. Mesh airglide for summer, Balistic 12.0 for fall - winter - spring ,and a rain jacket if needed. I also have the same Hi-Viz reflective striping on my helm. I'm radio active on the road... but yes cagers still don't always look... One bonus is they often mistake me for a police motor unit on first glance. I was at a stop light once and the guy in front of me was quite amusing as he tried to put on his seat belt clandestinely...presumably before I noticed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Scootereno said:
DandyDoug said:
I agree completely , if I could get a flashing light helmet I would wear it too :D
They are available from Gmax. The full Web Bike World review is here:http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/gmax/gm-27/
Thanks , that's an interesting idea.
Saw something similar a few years ago in Daytona , this one looks to be an improvement.

Something I still do not understand , why are all helmets still so heavy , noisy and vent marginally ?

With all the latest technology available it seems that some entrepreneur would figure out how to make a helmet that meets DOT , is as light as a bicycle helmet , vents well and is exceptionally quiet . :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
DandyDoug said:
Thanks , that's an interesting idea.
Saw something similar a few years ago in Daytona , this one looks to be an improvement.

Something I still do not understand , why are all helmets still so heavy , noisy and vent marginally ?

With all the latest technology available it seems that some entrepreneur would figure out how to make a helmet that meets DOT , is as light as a bicycle helmet , vents well and is exceptionally quiet . :thumbup:
I've seen a few helmets like that, all of course, are $700.00 and up. :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Scotty1981 said:
DandyDoug said:
Thanks , that's an interesting idea.
Saw something similar a few years ago in Daytona , this one looks to be an improvement.

Something I still do not understand , why are all helmets still so heavy , noisy and vent marginally ?

With all the latest technology available it seems that some entrepreneur would figure out how to make a helmet that meets DOT , is as light as a bicycle helmet , vents well and is exceptionally quiet . :thumbup:
I've seen a few helmets like that, all of course, are $700.00 and up. :evil:
As poor as I am , I would gladly pay $700.00 for a helmet that actually met " ALL " the criteria I stated .
Even the best ones I have looked at come no where near what I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Scotty1981 said:
I found one I want for that price but I won't pull the trigger on that purchase until my current helmet is 5 years old.
Would you please share with us what you want, but are holding off buying, that meets all the criteria I listed ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
In Australia they are trying to make hi vis vests compulsory. Its getting to the stage everyone will be wearing hi vis and nobody will take notice.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,364 Posts
On any Military Base in the USA you must have one and it must have a set amount of 3M type of reflective tape. Icon was the requirement for a while. Here is the US ARMY requirement, and most bases require it to be worn even off base. http://www.motorcycleppe.com/army.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Chérie said:
Every year cager become worst driver, Chérie want to make sure very well seen in rain, will be receive this Tourmaster Sentinel LE hi-viz rain jacket Friday.
Very nice jacket Cherie ! I usually use a cheap highway worker type of neon yellow vest when going on long rides or into the city but they are one-size-fits-all and are usually too big. Where did you get your Tourmaster and how much, if you don't mind me asking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Since this thread has become so popular, I think it's only appropriate the we see a picture of Ch'erie modeling the new gear :D :thumbup:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,364 Posts
DandyDoug said:
Since this thread has become so popular, I think it's only appropriate the we see a picture of Ch'erie modeling the new gear :D :thumbup:
:thumbup: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
momule said:
Chérie said:
Every year cager become worst driver, Chérie want to make sure very well seen in rain, will be receive this Tourmaster Sentinel LE hi-viz rain jacket Friday.
Very nice jacket Cherie ! I usually use a cheap highway worker type of neon yellow vest when going on long rides or into the city but they are one-size-fits-all and are usually too big. Where did you get your Tourmaster and how much, if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour ... in-jacket#
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top