Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate info on extended warranty pricing anywhere in California.

So far I have a quote for ADDITIONAL (above the included 1 year factory warranty):
24 months $300
36 months $450
48 months $550

This is for a Western Service Contract that allows service to be performed at any of their authorized service stations. It doesn't have to be Suzuki - in case you're traveling and not near a Suzuki dealer. They also say it covers more problems than Suzuki. (I still have to read a description of what it covers.)

I believe extended warranties in California have to be purchased from a California dealer during the original warranty period.

Patti

·
Registered
14 Posts
price of extended warranty

i just purchased a brand new '05 400 last night. it will be delivered today. the dealer finance manager tried to sell me the extended warranty for $899.00 for 36 months, ( of course i wasn't going to take it) however I offered $450, she then said that $499. was the best she could do, so I agreed but not without asking for an additional 12 months... "deal" she said.
So extended warranty for 36 months ( additional to the 1st year of included service for a total of 48 months) $499.00.
I think it is a fair deal; they make money and I got my extra coverage for $166.33 per year.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer gave me a written quote for a Western Service contract for $550. That would add 4 years to the existing warranty. I called OTD Motorsports, and they offered me the same warranty for $348! They also offered a Suzuki warranty for $400. I've also heard outrageous quotes of $800 for an extended warranty. Probably nothing will go wrong, and I won't need to use the warranty, but if I decide to sell my scooter, a warranty will be a strong selling point.

When I bought my car I was offered an extended warranty for $1,200! I said, "No way!" and they immediately lowered it to $500! That told me that the dealers use the warranties as their money-makers, if they can get away with it.

In some states you can just buy an extended warranty anywhere, but in CA you have to buy it from a DEALER. I don't mind making phone calls around California. It's easy to shop for a warranty - not like shopping for a bike and finding the best price too far from your home.
Patti

1 - 3 of 3 Posts