Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was prepping for a ride Saturday, rooting around under the seat area, when my squeeze tube of sunscreen popped up sans lid.

Big mess in one corner and on a few things.

Grabbed a towel soaked it in water and began mopping up.

Guess what?

Where the sunscreen had been sitting for a while, the felt liner in the storage area had completely dissolved!:cry:

What a mess. Now I have area about the size of my hand with bare plastic showing through. Took a while to pick out the gooey black pieces.

Tip:
If you are going to carry sunscreen in the storage area, put it in a ziplock bag, or something similar.
Hmm. Wonder what it does to your skin?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
lilleyen said:
\ Wonder what it does to your skin?
Hopefully what it's supposed to do. Keep the damaging effects of the sun off off your skin!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy said:
Think it will work to get the labels off the scooter :lol:
Might end up with only the lables left :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
...........now smear the sunscreen all over the trunk - think of the weight reduction. :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
When I was out in California last month, I wore Coppertone Sport every day, I also wore my "travel watch," a black plastic Casio Twincept that I like because it keeps two time zones.

Anyway, I went to put it on Sunday because I was going boating and wanted to wear a knockabout watch. The plastic bits that were in contact with my skin had crumbled and the stainless steel back was completely off and could not be snapped back on. The first thing I thought about was the sunscreen.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I flew quite a bit with the military. Nothing like flying in for an important meeting and finding your sharp pressed uniform soaked in shampoo or shaving cream.

I pack all my stuff in ziplock bags now whether I am flying or riding. Security at the airports appreciates the clear bags instead of a shaving bag to dig through, makes for a quick search. Makes it a little easier to find stuff on the bike too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts