Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how it feels so good when you stop banging your head against a wall? Nice!!! Maybe the Japanese didn't figure on anyone over 5 feet tall, I don't know,.. but the stock windscreen creates a Cat-5 hurricane in the face at any speed over 50mph if you're 5'11'' like me. I cried inside to remove such a curvaceous piece of sexy architecture from my scooter, but Oh! What a Relief!! I feel like I'm whooshing and swooping like a bird of prey now; all that slamming and buffeting to the helmet I endured during this first week of ownership has literally given me such ringing in my ears I couldn't sleep. My ears are still ringing right now, like a pack of sex-starved cicadas took up residence in my skull.
Anyway, I can't wait to finally enjoy my commute home this evening, and then the whole weekend spread out before me (like a patient etherized on a table, you're thinking) ...let's see: I think the Scenic Route around Lake Mead to Valley of Fire is calling out to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The stock windscreens stink regardless of the model from what I gather. They seem to be squarely in the middle between wind in your chest and helmet buffetting central.

You either need it gone or to get a bigger one...or vent it with shims.

Most people do go bigger, but that gets hot in the summertime too.

I guess ideally they'd come with a little one for hot weather and a larger than OEM for the cold. Personally I'm getting a larger (taller and wider), vented one for cold and will stick with the OEM in its lowest position for the summer.

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
it DOES seem that the screens are built for Japanese heights, but the seat is built for AMERICAN beehinds,

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I have a 400 and removed the WS once, when I took the bike to the dealer for a Rectifier recall. The ride wasn't bad.
Now I have a GIVI one-piece which is taller than the stock turbulence-generator. Pleasant riding but 5% penalty in MPG. Overall, I'll keep it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
For my previous Silverwings and 2008 Burg 400s, I replaced the stock wind screens with Cee Bailey screens that were two inches taller. It made such a big difference. When I bought my 2015 Burg 400, they had apparently improved the screen because it didn't flutter like the 08 screens had so I left it alone. Now that I bought a 2020 Burg 200, I found that the stock screen is perfect for me. I had kept the Laminar Lip extenders for both the 400 and the S'wing and it turns out that the one for the S'wing will fit the B200's screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts