Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I don't know how to sugar coat this and it is not pointed at one member or to this case.

Every year about this time of year we get 20+ new members.

Most times the VERY first post is something like this:
"New to the forums. Just bought a used 2120 Suzuki/Microsoft Burgman 1200 VTOL and now I have an issue where the wings do not fold in automatically at Mach 3+"

When someone posts an answer but the new member keeps asking the same question or does not follow the guidelines of steps to try to fix the issues, some members will just ignore the next 10 or so posts. Others will lash out a bit in their boredom in the repetitive posts....

Again, I don't know how to sugar coat this and it is not pointed at one member or to this case.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Scoot is running fine re C28 C14 codes,watched a few videos tried everything,took STVA apart checked solder connections etc re a video,still show F1/codes but Im going to forget it and just ride...now the bloody headlights stopped working!!!fuses fine must be the 36000KMS gremlin on 2009 400cc..again thanx for help.Now for some Canadian beer:>)

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I dove into the Maccecht link that does not open above and found this. That link has too much in its address.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Meister of All ...you da man Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
The link Uncle posted is the same person. He has an Ebay page that he will have you send him your old STVA and he will repair it and send it back, for a fee. The link Uncle posted is a used repaired SVTA from a 04/05 GSXR 600 750. It may work on a 04/05 Burgman 400 but I can not say.

I'd say go to his page below, click on the "Contact" button and send him a question.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ive spoken to that person before. I cant remember exactly but I dont think he repairs b400 units
I think Mitch contacted as well

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I haven't had STVA code "yet". I've had C40, finally shut off the FI light, but the idle is high.... I'll live with it....

I'd like someone to post a concise explanation of the STVA valve. Without going to another link.
Example:"The STVA is used to __ when the throttle is ___. It provides ___. The bike will run with the STVA held open, but will _."

I tried to get the STVA apart, when fixing the C40 "ISC" code but couldn't get it off the butterfly shaft. So I let sleeping dogs lie. I'll check out vids etc. when I have more minutes at the library PCs.

Thank you

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'd like someone to post a concise explanation of the STVA valve. Without going to another link.
Example:"The STVA is used to when the throttle is . It provides __. The bike will run with the STVA held open, but will _."
Ryan from FortNine provides a short straight forward explanation of the STVA, starting at 10:50

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
That short snippet does help.
But I think Suzuki could have done it a bit better.
Offenhauser sold a special Dual Port 360 Degree manifold back in the 1970's. It had two ports feeding from under the Carbrator to each intake port. The two ports were different sizes, a small one from the 4 bbl Primary's and the larger one for the 4bb's Secondary. As you were driving around on the front part of the carb' the airspeed in the smaller ports was greater and provided a bit more low speed torque. But when you KICKED it and all 4 barrels opened, the dual ports flowed as one. A buddy had a 1968 Road Runner 383 Magnum. With the factory iron 4bbl manifold he got about 15 MPG but a best of 18 MPG. With no other change but one of the Dual Port 360 manifolds he got 19 MPG but did get a few tanks at 25 MPG. He had a hard time staying out of the 4bbls.

Suzuki could have ran a small open port when the speeds are low with a SVTA valve shutting off the larger port. Then as speeds increased that STVA valve could slowly start opening and then be wide open as airflow demanded.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
"The best part is, the computer controls it" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 well it was a good explanation though.

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Hmmmm, so the STVA could be wired in OPEN position, bike might run boggier at low air intake.... Probably the FI light would be on though?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Its sounds throatier with the valve opened all the time. Like I did with mine. Faster response to accelerate from what I feel

That computer is doing a hell of a job hahaha

21 - 34 of 34 Posts