Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code c28(STVA) on dash,watched video on it,butterfly moves fine by hand and can start scoot but butterfly does not move when throttle applied?code 28 gone now but Chec and F1 stay on and bike runs fine but as I said Butterfly doesn't move?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Get yourself acquainted with "Mitch's Scooter Stuff" on youtube. Try this video; I hope it helps you out.

That's the video I watched,took scoot for a short run and it went fine even tho showing red F1 and chec. One has to be cautious starting to move with the throttle as you will shoot forward :>) I think the butterfly is a safety piece to aid in acceleration etc so Suzuki doesn't get sued etc with accidents, as I said scoot went fine .I have only ever seen a butterfly actuator on a carb before not fuel injection plus I read Honda/Yamaha don't have STVA but I have been wrong before...…...about 2 times :>)

Showing C28(STVA) and C14(TPS) now!!! seems to be a little to sensitive for my liking, its getting annoying! watched the STVA video, don't get why he says to turn the TPS blue plastic thing clockwise as its spring loaded, butterfly flutters upon ignition but doesn't move when scoot running using throttle? but bike runs fine,seems its more like a safety thing as the scoot can shoot forward upon starting if you open throttle to much. I heard Honda/Yamaha don't have STVAs?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think you're getting off track here with all this safety and suing and such. Did you do what Mitch has done? If you don't plan to actually do anything besides natter on about what you think Suzi engineers had in mind when they designed their fuel system then I can't see how you will solve your problem. If you continue to ride a scooter that "shoots ahead if you give it throttle" then you are the safety problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont be so rude!!! Read my post, I said I WATCHED THE VIDEO!!!!! It doesnt shoot ahead when I ride it, I just said it can do that, and i am not telling Suzuki engineers their jobs. it was tongue in cheek kinda thing, you need to relax pal and learn some manners when on a forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't have a cow man. You "WATCHED THE VIDEO!!!!!" But you didn't do anything... I didn't say you were trying to tell anyone their jobs; I said you were trying to figure out what they had in mind. Good luck figuring out your problem. I won't be back to this conversation so you can save your exclamation points and mini outrage for someone else. Desperate indeed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't have a cow man. You "WATCHED THE VIDEO!!!!!" But you didn't do anything... I didn't say you were trying to tell anyone their jobs; I said you were trying to figure out what they had in mind. Good luck figuring out your problem. I won't be back to this conversation so you can save your exclamation points and mini outrage for someone else. Desperate indeed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ye thats right I didnt do anything after watching the video, ye sure thats right.
As for "dont have a cow man" don't know what you are talking about? As I said get some manners or you will be called out again by someone else.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Usually canadians are mannered people. What happened...
They are.... subtleties of humor got lost in the the transmission of thoughts thru keyboards.
I’ll shoot bcalan a pm to get back here and shake hands and continue helping his fellow countryman with his scooter problem and his expression of satire.

If there is one thing I don’t need right now is tensions in Canada .... where can a fed up fat boy run ? 🤣

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I don't know how to sugar coat this and it is not pointed at one member or to this case.

Every year about this time of year we get 20+ new members.

Most times the VERY first post is something like this:
"New to the forums. Just bought a used 2120 Suzuki/Microsoft Burgman 1200 VTOL and now I have an issue where the wings do not fold in automatically at Mach 3+"

When someone posts an answer but the new member keeps asking the same question or does not follow the guidelines of steps to try to fix the issues, some members will just ignore the next 10 or so posts. Others will lash out a bit in their boredom in the repetitive posts....

Again, I don't know how to sugar coat this and it is not pointed at one member or to this case.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
I remember my first couple months here....If Dave_J could have put knots on my head with a mouse pointer they’d still be calling me Knot Head ...now they call me 💩head.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Suzuki/Microsoft Burgman 1200 VTOL🤣
Bergman berbman

The throttle plate will move fine by hand no matter what
On the right side (looking from rear to front) there is a unit that is connected with 2 connectors. That is the unit that has the issues
Does it make noise on start like a whirring or is there the clicking sound like regular?
Can you remove the rubber hose and see if it does its start up actuation dance ?
Its known the small plastic gears inside the unit get tired

How many miles on your Burgman?
Problem is you cant just buy the unit. You have to fork over $550 for the throttle body. As well i believe that unit is calibrated so it works optimally

A work around so the bike runs (that ive done) is remove the stva unit and just epoxy the side arm (that connects into stva) horizontally. Worse mpg but its a fix. You cant remove the f1 light and it will alternate info on dash till its fixed. I qlso believe you wont be able to shift to see odometer reading. Mine doesnt anyways

I didnt want to post before only cause it pisses me off to see this issue come up. Definite flaw by design

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I would suggest using the advanced search engine in the upper right corner on the right side of your icon. Good chance someone had the same problem years ago. The problem is you'll have to invest in a little elbow grease and time.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited by Moderator)
I don't know how to sugar coat this and it is not pointed at one member or to this case.

Every year about this time of year we get 20+ new members.

Most times the VERY first post is something like this:
"New to the forums. Just bought a used 2120 Suzuki/Microsoft Burgman 1200 VTOL and now I have an issue where the wings do not fold in automatically at Mach 3+"

When someone posts an answer but the new member keeps asking the same question or does not follow the guidelines of steps to try to fix the issues, some members will just ignore the next 10 or so posts. Others will lash out a bit in their boredom in the repetitive posts....

Again, I don't know how to sugar coat this and it is not pointed at one member or to this case.
We STILL have better beer!!!

And FYI, my wings DO fold automatically at Mach 2, as long as I use WD40 on the hinges. ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts