Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
250000 people are coming together for 10 days in the middle of a pandemic in a state with rising new cases. No masks, no social distancing.
And people ask "why the country with the most resources to deal with this has the highest death count?".
The stupidity leaves me speechless.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
We need to show them. We need 10,000 scooter riders to invade Sturgis wearing face masks and sanitary gloves to show those people how to be safe. I'm sure those 250,000 Harley riders will appreciate the lesson. We can set an example by social distancing, eating healthy food and not drinking beverages that could impair our immune system. We can pray for their heathen souls. Do I hear an amen? o_O

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
I’ll trade you an Amen for a cold beer, an old fashion wet t-shirt contest and a Hallelujah!

Reactions: Daves00

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
250000 people are coming together for 10 days in the middle of a pandemic in a state with rising new cases. No masks, no social distancing.
And people ask "why the country with the most resources to deal with this has the highest death count?".
The stupidity leaves me speechless.
First off, I'm not sure the tourists could have been stopped, whether or not the city wanted to. If they called it off and had 1% of the normal visitors, it'd be that 1% -- not exactly the sort to take "sorry, we're closed" for an answer...

Second, the city is kind of forced to do it anyhow since it's the source of 80% of their annual revenue. A bailout isn't going to happen in this political environment, so it's either this or shut the city down for the next fiscal year.

I wish them all the luck in the world, but even that wouldn't be enough.
They're screwed, and so are the places the tourists will go back to.

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
Ctran, you keep clear of this crap.

"Don't Look Ethel. ...Too late...."

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It feels like seeing the tide go way too far out at the wrong time, then watching everyone run down to the beach.

(I then started looking up tsunamis on Youtube, and now I need a drink.)

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
STURGIS - yet more proof that there is.....

NO LIFEGUARD IN THE GENE POOL

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
And who pee'd in the Gene Pool?

·
Premium Member
8,323 Posts
Reactions: VSF11

·
Registered
451 Posts
I found out last night that The Warden got covid twice over the past 2 or 3 months. I didn't know that as I try my best not to talk to her (I just salute then move on). And now, I feel like I have a bit of a sore throat after providing her with the organisms she requested late last week. No complaint about that, as long as we don't have to talk. But I provided service to her under false pretenses (didn't know she had been sick). There is no exaggeration to this first paragraph. It is fo' real.

Plus I got sick and took a couple days off work back in like late January or early February. At that time I was working with Japanese people and they did fly back and forth to Japan on the regular. I guess this whole situation doesn't bode well because I tried the coffee filter and rubber band thing over my face holes this morning. It worked OK, but not great. However, I used that same filter to make this pot of coffee, because the filter was already out … and it's not easy to separate them down to just one (they cling together). I didn't put 2 and 2 together about my sore throat until after I percolated a pot. Maybe I should put a note on the coffee pot...

I'd say my chances of having or having had covid are fairly high... Sure would be nice to get tested if it were convenient. But I don't want to scare any Canadians or English by increasing the "# of new cases."

On another funny note, where The Warden works, covid apparently finished off some of the older patients. She told me this last night whilst telling me about her covid. And now since she has gone back to work (after taking time off when she was "sick") they are NO LONGER TESTING anyone. Listen to this, this is INGENIOUS! If they don't test anyone, then they save money on testing costs. And if they don't test anyone, then they don't get quarantined and the state saves money by not having to pay people like my wife, to stay home. And if they don't test anyone, then the overall number of new covid cases stays lower than it would otherwise. And then our state automagically becomes one of the states with fewer cases … AND WE'RE ALL BETTER OFF!

Now that is TRUE GENIUS! Ya gotta hand it to these Master's and PhD degreed people. Those higher educations makes them WAY SMARTER than us lowly uneducated or only a Bachelor degreed morons...

7milesout

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
7milesout,
I hate when they demand organisms🤣

If what you say is for real in the last paragraph ..... this is not borderline this is over the line criminal.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's the only demand I prefer. But I have to create the illusion that it's not something I enjoy. If I enjoyed it, The Warden would create a regulation banning the whole thing, just to spite me.

The Warden continues to possess a good "skill set" and luxurious features as far as that goes. The problem is, all women contain a certain amount of meanness. Some a lot more some just a skosh less, but it's there. However, when that amount is compressed down into a smaller package (my wife is short), it becomes pressurized. Forthwith the meanness leaks out more rapidly from those types versus the types with more volume to dissipate the pressure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I found out last night that The Warden got covid twice over the past 2 or 3 months. I didn't know that as I try my best not to talk to her (I just salute then move on). And now, I feel like I have a bit of a sore throat after providing her with the organisms she requested late last week. No complaint about that, as long as we don't have to talk. But I provided service to her under false pretenses (didn't know she had been sick). There is no exaggeration to this first paragraph. It is fo' real.

Plus I got sick and took a couple days off work back in like late January or early February. At that time I was working with Japanese people and they did fly back and forth to Japan on the regular. I guess this whole situation doesn't bode well because I tried the coffee filter and rubber band thing over my face holes this morning. It worked OK, but not great. However, I used that same filter to make this pot of coffee, because the filter was already out … and it's not easy to separate them down to just one (they cling together). I didn't put 2 and 2 together about my sore throat until after I percolated a pot. Maybe I should put a note on the coffee pot...

I'd say my chances of having or having had covid are fairly high... Sure would be nice to get tested if it were convenient. But I don't want to scare any Canadians or English by increasing the "# of new cases."

On another funny note, where The Warden works, covid apparently finished off some of the older patients. She told me this last night whilst telling me about her covid. And now since she has gone back to work (after taking time off when she was "sick") they are NO LONGER TESTING anyone. Listen to this, this is INGENIOUS! If they don't test anyone, then they save money on testing costs. And if they don't test anyone, then they don't get quarantined and the state saves money by not having to pay people like my wife, to stay home. And if they don't test anyone, then the overall number of new covid cases stays lower than it would otherwise. And then our state automagically becomes one of the states with fewer cases … AND WE'RE ALL BETTER OFF!

Now that is TRUE GENIUS! Ya gotta hand it to these Master's and PhD degreed people. Those higher educations makes them WAY SMARTER than us lowly uneducated or only a Bachelor degreed morons...

7milesout
That's why I operate under the assumption that everyone else in society is at least a carrier (and take the extreme measures that I do).

BTW, have your considered adding some EXLAX in her morning beverage?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts