Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m On my way to pick up my new burgman. As you guys know my old burgmans CVT was cooked. IM WANTING to drive on manual even though I know it decreases the life of the cvt belt. Is there a specific CVT belt that can handle more stress, for manual?
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I’m On my way to pick up my new burgman. As you guys know my old burgmans CVT was cooked. IM WANTING to drive on manual even though I know it decreases the life of the cvt belt. Is there a specific CVT belt that can handle more stress, for manual? View attachment 98380
View attachment 98381
The OEM BELTS with tax are about $500.00. labor is 12.5 hours or so and addl parts are required about $1500.00. Would you really invest that kind of money in words, knowing the warranty would never cover labor. Since these belts are per say lifetime belts I'm doubting the existence of aftermarket belt and If there is it's probably a less expensive, working as a money saver, not a problem solver for an obscure trouble your trying to solve that is kind of new and is in theory better to allow the machine to auto shift for longevity so that line of thought goes. Personally I would not trust this very special belt in the hands of an aftermarket supplier. This is in no way an ordinary belt like a scooter or snowmobile belt. Knowing now the choices you have, it's yours to play with as you choose. I have an 09 AN650 with about 7000 miles in it. If you'd be so kind I'd love to know why your so enthralled with this manual mode? I've tried it a few times and thought it a bother? Enlighten me, please.

·
Super Moderator
15,675 Posts
If ya think about it, at 50k+ miles on average the 650 belt really is pretty tough.

The OEM BELTS with tax are about $500.00. labor is 12.5 hours or so and addl parts are required about $1500.00. Would you really invest that kind of money in words, knowing the warranty would never cover labor. Since these belts are per say lifetime belts I'm doubting the existence of aftermarket belt and If there is it's probably a less expensive, working as a money saver, not a problem solver for an obscure trouble your trying to solve that is kind of new and is in theory better to allow the machine to auto shift for longevity so that line of thought goes. Personally I would not trust this very special belt in the hands of an aftermarket supplier. This is in no way an ordinary belt like a scooter or snowmobile belt. Knowing now the choices you have, it's yours to play with as you choose. I have an 09 AN650 with about 7000 miles in it. If you'd be so kind I'd love to know why your so enthralled with this manual mode? I've tried it a few times and thought it a bother? Enlighten me, please.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
As I've said before I don't know of anyone making belts for the B650 other than the company that does them for Suzuki. I didn't hear anything abnormal in the video but recording and playback are dependent on the device recording and playing it back. I wouldn't worry about it.

I've replaced a belt for someone that broke at 27K miles and others over 50K miles. My 2003 I'm kinda hard on broke at just under 40K miles. Keep in mind these vary on use and don't include others that failed due to other components (primary pulley assembly) causing a failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts