Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We completed a 1,500 mile trip from near Chattanooga, TN up the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive, and then into Washington DC and back on I-81 and I-75 last week. The bike ran beautifully without so much as a hickup. Today we were out for a ride and pulled up to a stop light after running about 45 for a couple miles. As the light turned green and I twisted the throttle, it acted like it was locked in about 4th gear. The engine could not rev up and acceleration was very slow. I tried putting it in manual mode and shifting down or up manually, but it had no effect. It's like it was locked into 3rd or 4th gear. I took it out of manual mode and it seemed to make no difference. As we got up to about 35-40 MPH, suddenly it returned to normal. I made several other stops and starts after that without incident. Any ideas about what is going on?

This is a 2008 Executive with about 16,400 miles on it. Oil and all fluids were changed less than 2,000 miles ago and are at their proper levels.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Buffalo. I re-familiarized myself with the PPS and agree that it is most likely what happened. I'm going to just watch it as you suggest. If it happens again I will order a new one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.