Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I shut down my bike, in about 3-5 minutes it makes some strange sound - like beeping or something. Does anybody know what ot may be?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
That is wierd. I also have a 650 and the only noise it makes after i shut her down is the metallic clinking sound of things cooling down - exhause pipes etc... but beeping?!? i haven't a clue. sorry.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Maybe a whistling noise of the gas tank venting pressure?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Maxim wrote
when I shut down my bike, in about 3-5 minutes it makes some strange sound - like beeping or something. Does anybody know what ot may be?
Like Evelyn asked, what bike ? Also can you be a little clearer about the noise.
It could be what Billmeek said, but beeping. Is it loud-soft / how long does it last

Just an idea-- It helps if you have your model listed in your profile, sometimes what part of the country helps also 8)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy,
it's not actually beepeng, it's like a sigh of a sort.
And it's Burgman 650.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Be ready the next time it starts and pop open the gas cap. I bet the noise wil go away. If it's the gas tank venting, it's a normal noise and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Maxim said:
it's not actually beepeng, it's like a sigh of a sort.
And it's Burgman 650.
Aw... It just wants to go riding some more! :lol:

My late Kawasaki Concours used to make a whining noise when I put it away. I was told that it was the gas cap venting. But I really think it just wanted to go back out riding!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts