Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I've found my next 650. Starting to believe I was going to have to travel hundreds of mile to replace my wrecked Burgman but I had a brain bubble last night and did a Craig's list search for Burgman with a E instead of a U. Well looky here, two within a few minute drive.
Just went to look at an 2008 with 5600 miles. Solid black and no scratch or ding could be found. Looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Standing there working the deal and heard a whirring noise for a second coming from just ahead of the rear tire. I looked at the owner and he looked at me. I asked was that the bike and he replied he never heard that before. So I'm thinking it was something else and not the bike, stood around a bit longer and it did it again. Sounds like an electric motor kicking on for a split second. Did this maybe four times in 30 minutes. Key was off and it didn't sound like the radiator fan. It would shut off with the key anyway. Would the servo motor in the SVT do this?
I'm at a loss as to what would make this noise with the key off.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
You sure fuel tank not exhaust air ?

Often hear this on 2009 when get on or off bike.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounded mechanical and wasn't sitting on the bike. Was standing a few feet away each time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could it be the fuel tank releasing pressure? It is black and it was sitting in the hot Flirida sun?

·
Registered
438 Posts
...I'm at a loss as to what would make this noise with the key off.
Nothing would do that with the key off. I think Cherie is right --- this is the fuel tank vent wheezing. I suppose the noise could be mistaken for something spinning down, but there are no electric motors back there to spin.

If you like the bike and the price is right, go for it.

Regards
Scott Fraser

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Could it be the fuel tank releasing pressure? It is black and it was sitting in the hot Flirida sun?
That it !

If not run or ride bike, not sit on bike, but perhap only push bike and it heat up in sun, it vent out.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
The pressure release valve is located on the right side of the bike on the top of the frame just in front of the rear wheel. I to suspect what you heard was the valve fluttering as pressure was released.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Isn't a fart just a release of pressurized gas? So yes I think the Burgman was farting.:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guess I can always blame on the dog:)
I'm picking the bike up Monday evening after work being the bank is closed Saturday & Sunday. Was serious about the 2012 in Ocean Springs, MS but was still waiting for him to get the title. $6500 isn't a bad deal but it is a 4 hour drive one way. This 2008 is only 15 minutes away and I may have paid a bit more ($4800) but it appeared the guy was pretty anal about the condition. I couldn't find one scratch, speck of dirt or corrosion anywhere. Just what I was looking for plus I didn't have to spend a day on the road and two tanks of diesel.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Guess I can always blame on the dog:)
I'm picking the bike up Monday evening after work being the bank is closed Saturday & Sunday. Was serious about the 2012 in Ocean Springs, MS but was still waiting for him to get the title. $6500 isn't a bad deal but it is a 4 hour drive one way. This 2008 is only 15 minutes away and I may have paid a bit more ($4800) but it appeared the guy was pretty anal about the condition. I couldn't find one scratch, speck of dirt or corrosion anywhere. Just what I was looking for plus I didn't have to spend a day on the road and two tanks of diesel.
Congrats it would seem not to jinx the deal. :) Always nice to have a pristine bike.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brought it home this evening and everything ran out fine. Gotta lose that stock windscreen and get my Clearview XXL on it. Dang wind almost beat me to death at highway speed. I believe the former owner used some tire treatment on the tires. I came out on the highway intersection and leaned into the right acceleration lane and felt the rear tire slide sideways a bit. Butt pucker ratcheted up a bit on that one.
Now if someone can point in the proper direction. I've got to remove the rear panel behind the seat so as to drill the holes for my Fehling rack. I know I did it four years ago when I installed in on my former bike but my memory fails me. I believe I broke a couple of tangs when I did it before and would like to not do that again.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I believe the former owner used some tire treatment on the tires. I came out on the highway intersection and leaned into the right acceleration lane and felt the rear tire slide sideways a bit. Butt pucker ratcheted up a bit on that one.
For sure wash that stuff off.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should have done the google search before asking. Is there anything LeDude doesn't have a video on?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts