Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put a down payment down on a 2011 Burgman 400ABS that is on consignment at my local Powersports store. They sell almost everything BUT Suzuki's! What struck me at first was that they didn't even try to interest me in a new Yamaha Majesty, Honda Silverwing, or Piaggio or any of the other lines they sell. After I had put my payment down, and in general conversation with a salesman and the general manager...BOTH of the guys, in seperate conversations, told me in whispered voice, that although they don't sell them, the Burgman is the Cadillac of scooters! I think that really says something. I didn't think about it at the time, but I'm going to ask them on Monday why they don't sell Suzuki's, especially after what two of them had to say about the Burgmans. The general manager, a really nice guy, said that it never fails...when a Burgman comes in, they sell it in no time...where as the Majestys, Silverwings, etc. tend to take up space for quite some time. I happen to show up on the very day that the one I am buying rolled onto the showroom floor! Wow...right from the competition horse's mouth...so to speak! I was also told that the Burgman 400 is the biggest selling scoot in the USA! Excellent. They are putting on a Givi Windshield that I was fortunate enough to buy on ebay and a Bestem 929 Top Box. When I go to get it, she will be ready to ride. One thing I just hate about our super scooters...that dang narrow, short windshield! I replaced the one on my SYM 2008 RV250 as the buffeting was just horrible!

Now I have my SYM for short, local runs and my Burgie for my longer, touring runs. I'm retired and loving the scooter lifestyle after many years of motorcycles. The feeling that I get is like when I was a young boy and had a Sears and Roebuck minibike! I feel drawn to the scooter to ride...unlike a motorcycle. Don't get me wrong, I loved my motorcycles, but now with the old body breaking down, the ability to just put the leg through and twist and go is just AWESOME! I'm a scooter man for whatever life I have left on this old earth! With only 4600 miles on my SYM and 2400 on the Burgie, they should out last me. By then, my son will probably be ready to scoot and he will have mine. Keep scootin' everybody...and be safe out there! :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
On even the shortest or most mundane errand, I always get a little thrill when I start up the Burgie. Truth be told, I get more excited about a multi-day road trip than going to Hawaii. It really is a lifestyle.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well, I even invent errands ! :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
i traded my 2009 400 in on a 2012 650 and as i was signing the paper work a man was at the desk next to me waiting for my 4oo, they are a big seller for sure, there was nothing wrong with it, i just wanted to try the 650, and haven't regretted it. the 400 is a great bike. the 650 is an awesome bike
for me anyway just my opinion.
erv

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!!! I think you made an excellent choice!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I really like mine! It seems I don't have to invent errands anymore. I have CRS (Can't Remember $hit) so I always have to go back for something!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Tinstar, I'm glad you have chosen the Burgman 400. You won't be disappointed. It's bullet proof if looked after and it's fast and great fun to ride. This site is full of very knowledgeable people who can advise on just about any problem. I'm an ex-tech but knew almost nothing about the Burgman when I came here. The advice I've received has been great and I'm much more conversant with my bike now. Believe me, it's very easy to maintain even for non spannering people who want to have a go. Just study up some first and you'll be fine if you want to do that sort of thing. Keep posting to let us all know how you are getting on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! I have already learned so much and don't even have the bike yet! The bike is mine, but was on consignment with a motorcycle dealership. I had them replace the stock windshield with a Givi 266DT because I HATE the original windshields that come on the scoots. I replaced the windshield on my SYM RV250 as soon as I could. It was made like the Burman and the buffeting was HORRIBLE! The windshield is on and today they are putting on my Bestem T-Box 929. I may be able to pick it up this afternoon! The anticipation is fantastic. As I said previously, for the first time in a LONG time, I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas to arrive! At 60 years old, you don't get that feeling too often...that's for sure! I am very happy to join the ranks of satisfied Burgman owners! The information on this site is fantastic. I will be on here often.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Let's see...Kroger is 2 miles away. Well, that should take only about 2 hours and 50 or so miles.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here where i live I am continually getting compliments from the girls young and old about how nice my bike looks. Hmmm pity they never made Burgmans when i was a young fella it would have made a great chick magnet. LOL

·
Registered
739 Posts
They may not be a Suzuki dealer, because they can't be one... Many were terminated in the last year..

·
Registered
90 Posts
That grocery thing never works out for me either. It's a 101 mile round trip. 1 mile there and 100 miles back home.
There are advantages to being unattached/single. It makes it easy to talk to yourself. "Should we go for a ride this afternoon?" "Why yes we should!" Vroom Vroom!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amen Jamerican! I get along very well with me, myself, and I! After two failed marriages and other close calls, it is SO nice to be able to have an agreeable partner...even if it is me! LOL Let's see...yard work or ride up to the mountains...Vroom Vroom! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
My wife says I can't ride Burg because I need to haul trash to collection center.
Problem solved. Bought a small sturdy plastic storage tote from Wally world.
Removed top box and cut holes for storage tote to lock in base plate.
A couple of bungee cords and a small pair of vice grips to lock it to base.
Chunk the bag of trash in tote and take off.
Happy Happy Happy

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My wife says I can't ride Burg because I need to haul trash to collection center.
Problem solved. Bought a small sturdy plastic storage tote from Wally world.
Removed top box and cut holes for storage tote to lock in base plate.
A couple of bungee cords and a small pair of vice grips to lock it to base.
Chunk the bag of trash in tote and take off.
Happy Happy Happy
That's some pretty good thinkin' right there! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts