Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Battery cars wearing out their tires in short order is well documented. All the extra weight from a giant battery is a simple science, contributing factor. Another being quick starts afforded by the electric motor’s low rpm torque.

As I stated a week ago… electric motors are more environmentally friendly than ICE’s. The nasty end of it, is the oversized battery everyone profiting from this political driven mandate, is purposefully overlooking in the propaganda.

Stossel’s video brings up good points that should be debated. I’m simply challenging your outsized discrediting attempts at the video.
As always, There’s no free lunch, as much as all those standing to profit from this forced society change, would try to say otherwise.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Counting, just cars….There’s 1.446 BILLION in the world. The majority are not electric. Just imagine how much we’d have to tear-up the planet, to replace them all, and make these giant batteries for new vehicles. This obviously can’t actually happen. We’re doing the cart before the horse. Before this destructive agenda gets too far, society will have to recognize and admit this folly is ridiculous.

On a more positive note, Germany and an area in the US are looking into road electrification, which is a much more reasonable and realistic approach.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
All this stuff has been brought up and debated long ago.
Some of the disinformation I haven’t already covered is in this vid

Yes, your “expert “ is full of disinformation. Funny how you pick and choose who is spreading disinformation. It would seem that anyone advocating battery cars is spreading “settled science “, and “information “, and anyone pointing out issues with the scheme, is spreading “disinformation “, according to you. A little confirmation bias going on here, eh?

Plenty of disinformation from your “expert “ here.
I laughed when he scientifically stated “wind and solar “ provide power to the grid during the day. Stupid me, I wrongly thought wind power was available when it’s windy, not just during the day 😂.

He’s obviously clueless about power grids. We can discuss his ignorance on this subject another time.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Another obvious misdirection/falsehood your dude makes in you video is the old fallback propaganda line, of , don’t worry about the grid- we’ll all charge at night…. Sure… At night when there’s no solar , so we’ll keep the baseline fossil fuel plants burning lots of fuel, rather than idle down 😂
That’s great save the planet plan. He even forgets to mention nuclear during that misinformation/misdirection part.

Make sure you plenty of sunshine, because it lets you produce vitamin D, and helps prevent depression. Experts proved it. Unquestionable science! Leading cancer is skin cancer.The science says avoid direct sunshine. Wear protective clothing. Buy lots of sunscreen😂

Science says butter is bad for you. Use margarine instead… Science says margarine is bad for you actually, you should use butter.

We obviously all are susceptible to some confirmation bias. The “science “ is NEVER settled, and should always be questioned

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
You refused to address what “my” experts said when I posted some actual science.

Waste of time to do that again - Yet even my clueless YouTube random knows the solar panel area claim was untrue and can easily show it was. That’s how bad the original video is.
Imagine how it looks to people who actually know what an LCA is or a genuine EV BEP

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Apparently you seem to think knowing what an LCA, or genuine BEP is, automatically makes you an expert on engineering, energy, environment, and social engineering. I don’t think it works that way.
We already learned our “experts “ knew the world was flat. The “science “ knew the world was flat.

The “science “ is NEVER settled, and should always be questioned

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Name an expert or a scientist who said the earth was flat (seeing as it was known to be round by 5th century BC and Eratosthenes calculated the circumference in something like 200 BC, before science existed)
It’s irrelevant but I’d quite like to hear how that works.

Not sure why you keep saying the science is never settled, as it isn’t a phrase I’ve used - but it might be worth teaming that with the flat earth idea.
ie Why won’t scientists debate a flat earth with you or question it if science is never settled?
- because it’s so blatantly obvious that it’s no longer a question.

None of which negates the false claims in the original 2 videos.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yes, we need to destroy our planet to save it.

How long till the carbon dioxide alarmists, switch their focus to all the digging up of the planet, we’re going to do, in the name of reducing the 0.04% CO2 in the air?
I can just hear them now….
But, a lot people are going to get rich.
Is this really better? I’ll continue exhaling CO2 while I wait for an answer

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It’s also misdirection to compare fuel with energy storage in the first place. Batteries are recharged, spent fuel isn’t.
Holy cow.. We get that you really like EVs.. Your fanaticism is really blinding you to serious problems that need to be resolved. I quoted this so that you could think about this from a engineer's viewpoint. I can understand this since you're not an engineer.

There are engineering solutions that were experimented in the past that we sorta explored in our projects in college but they never got funding. One of them was using room temp liquid electrolytes instead of solid.. but money...

Money was only available for 'there' way, everything else got the 'highway'. This is the problem, fanatics and gov't interfere with alternates so that you get stuck with literally 1000 year old tech for batteries. Egyptians would recognize our current batteries and use them for electroplating. 😂😒 Keep in mind, part 1 of 'inconvenient facts' from Stossel.. All this chasing around CO2, if this is your reason... For those who remember this series, 'In search Of' with Leonard Nimoy... In Search Of.. Ice Age How times have changed..🤣 Big into retro especially gaming 🎮

Like I said, I'm all for EVs. Not so much for the current battery tech, or in general, current tech for storing electricity. I hate to say this but the physicists are right regarding limits to chemical means of storing electricity. Engineers can come up with 'work arounds' but the work arounds aren't applicable everywhere in every circumstance. Having said this, I don't think people who can't afford EV's should be paying for rich peoples EVs. That happens in the USA right now, subsidized. The people who want EV's should be buying the EVs with their own money. Of course, if the gov't wants to subsidize my guns and video games... 🤣

For all you guys who remember this

Happy Thanks Giving, won't be checking threads to much but spare the turkey and get the Beefs 🥩 :)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Dam man, their already subsidizing Free Drugs, Illicit Sex, Free Travel and Tourism with free Cell Phone and Debit Card … Uncle Sam is just an Uncle not a Full Blown Sugar Daddy.

Happy Thanksgiving !
And each one of those new , free cell phone, recipients, exhales the equivalent “global warming “ CO2 as burning 41 gallons of gasoline each year. 🤔

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Bluebottle: Here’s a better example for you:

“people had absolute faith in new science and technology. They believed that science in the twentieth century could and would provide answers to solve all problems.
The sinking of the ‘unsinkable’ Titanic shattered much confidence in science and made people more skeptical about such fantastic claims.”

Sunk on her maiden voyage, too….

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Yeah, flat earth was the anti-science lot, kind of the exact opposite of scientists.

You mentioned logical fallacy several times - those are both the “guilt by association“ fallacy.

The mining issue was a good one. There are some interesting developments around that, but hey ho.

Edit: ships are outside my area but Naval Architects come under “engineer” as far as I know, there were 3.

·
Administrator
18,063 Posts
I’m waiting on the next long distance phone call from The Oval Room to The Moon.

In 2025 President Pat Paulsen will get a 'Reverse Charges' call from the moon. Wait till he gets the bill.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
I stand with Toyota …. The world is still undeveloped in many places.
We expect clean water, electric and fuel stations with food bars on every corner but it’s not like that everywhere.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
once the batteries for EVs have reached their service life, how recyclable are they? I don't hear/read anything about this.

what happened to 'reduce, repair, recycle'?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts