Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
There are different types of Lithium isotopes. The MOON is full of Lithium 6, not cheese.

It is one of 2 isotopes used in modern Lithium batteries, Li-6 and Li-7.

The "Fat Man" H-bomb at the Bikini Atol was overloaded with 3 times the amount of Lithium 6/Graphite by mistake in calculations and that blast was so massive that the observation stations were damaged and injuries to staff and crew.

• Helpful
Reactions: DarisPakar

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
I’m waiting on the next long distance phone call from The Oval Room to The Moon.

In 2025 President Pat Paulsen will get a 'Reverse Charges' call from the moon. Wait till he gets the bill.

Reactions: DarisPakar

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: CROSSBOLT and JRoss

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
The problem of making Lithium batteries is keeping vaporized Dihydrogen Monoxide out of the mixing chambers. The chambers are under a high vaccume and heat to block Dihydrogen Monoxide vapors.

• Haha
Reactions: JRoss

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
That seems pretty technical. Did you work for a lithium battery manufacturer?
No. But once, while staying at a Holiday Inn, their Lobby coffee pot had some extremely hot liquid Dihydrogen Monoxide excape and caused a bad burn on my arm.

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
The H2O needs to be pure. In its simple pure form, water does not conduct voltage well and has a higher boil point.

Where H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) is used in a lot of manufacturing, but it is a bit too unstable in "True Blue" form and will cause burns on skin. For first aid use it is in dilute to 3% with pure H2O.

So if they try to use H2O as the Electrolyte, they will need to blend it with some sort of antifreeze, I'm guessing Calcium Carbonate. Sodium is too corrosive.

I am at the limit of my High School Chemistry classes from 50 years ago......

Reactions: Rusty J

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
Up here in Washington state our Kelowatt is about $0.095 for the first 600kw then $0,102 for all the above that 600kw. So EV is a bit cheap to run. And charging does not add the $1,209 per gallon Road Tax we pay but these EV are causing the same wear to the roads as my wifes Buick Regal.

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
Getting a bit past usefulness of this forum.

Reactions: CROSSBOLT

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
Going in circles.

• Angry
Reactions: Rusty J and JRoss
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.