Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
I am no expert, nor do I own an electric vehicle or plan to buy one in the near future. I know people who buy $40,000 hybrid vehicles to "save" money on fuel consumption of their "paid-off" used ICE vehicle. This is no crazier to me than the misleading and overly optimistic support of electric cars over ICE vehicles. Electric cars also have their share of environmental drawbacks in their present form. Electric cars are still a relatively "young" industry and countries are still a long way from the infrastructure needed to support them as a full replacement of ICE vehicles. If you compare the ICE industry in the 60's vs. now, fuel consumption and emissions generated are significantly lower now. I suspect we will see similar improvements in the electric cars in a fraction of the time. I don't see the drive toward electric as a conspiracy, but I do recognize that the government and the media is misleading/overselling their present benefits .

There are roughly 8 billion people on earth now and scientists forecast a peak of around 10 billion within the next 80yrs. The supply of oil is NOT endless. It took a lot longer for Mother Nature to generate it than it takes for us to consume it. Some of the raw materials of modern batteries are even more scarce than oil. This means that we will be required to develop even more solutions to our energy needs and likely combine the various technologies synergistically to support our long-term power consumption.

P.S. Although oil is the usual suspect as the main driving force behind global warning, some studies point to deforestation and modern agricultural techniques as greater drivers of global warming.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.