Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It鈥檚 also misdirection to compare fuel with energy storage in the first place. Batteries are recharged, spent fuel isn鈥檛.
Holy cow.. We get that you really like EVs.. Your fanaticism is really blinding you to serious problems that need to be resolved. I quoted this so that you could think about this from a engineer's viewpoint. I can understand this since you're not an engineer.

There are engineering solutions that were experimented in the past that we sorta explored in our projects in college but they never got funding. One of them was using room temp liquid electrolytes instead of solid.. but money...

Money was only available for 'there' way, everything else got the 'highway'. This is the problem, fanatics and gov't interfere with alternates so that you get stuck with literally 1000 year old tech for batteries. Egyptians would recognize our current batteries and use them for electroplating. 馃槀馃槖 Keep in mind, part 1 of 'inconvenient facts' from Stossel.. All this chasing around CO2, if this is your reason... For those who remember this series, 'In search Of' with Leonard Nimoy... In Search Of.. Ice Age How times have changed..馃ぃ Big into retro especially gaming 馃幃

Like I said, I'm all for EVs. Not so much for the current battery tech, or in general, current tech for storing electricity. I hate to say this but the physicists are right regarding limits to chemical means of storing electricity. Engineers can come up with 'work arounds' but the work arounds aren't applicable everywhere in every circumstance. Having said this, I don't think people who can't afford EV's should be paying for rich peoples EVs. That happens in the USA right now, subsidized. The people who want EV's should be buying the EVs with their own money. Of course, if the gov't wants to subsidize my guns and video games... 馃ぃ

For all you guys who remember this

Happy Thanks Giving, won't be checking threads to much but spare the turkey and get the Beefs 馃ォ :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hi everyone. Hope all in USA had a great holiday.. Just wanted to share another video on the topic that I ran across from a friend.. Some of the info maybe a little dated but so is the presenter. I remember him from his old shows. Still alive and kickn tho..

Also came across this from one of my fave's regarding right to repair. I'm big into that... This seems to be affecting more and more things, not just cars unfortunately.. Phones, appliances, tv's :confused:

This vid also goes over some other 'hidden' costs regarding EVs in the USA. She is very pro EV more so then 'blue' here but her channel does go over some of the downsides and gives her real life ownership exp with them in the USA. Some of the ownership downsides may not be as severe... Of course, most owners are living in the CO2 fantasy land but her anecdotal exp as a EV owner is definitely useful even if a lot of it was subsidized on our dime.. 馃槖

BTW, a lot of these vids are avail on alt sources. I used utube links for forum.. Try the alternatives, odysee etc if you can.

Regarding Blue's 'feeling' of guilt by assn.. You didn't quote anything but I hope you had a good weekend also and you have a good equivalent holiday 馃槂... Here's a quick therapy session for you and anyone else who are true believers in logical fallacies and think doctor who is working with govt's to save us all. Really worth watching, clips only around 4 mins, even if you aren't.. 馃ぃ

Not kidding, once if confirm you're not a bot or a baizuo, I'll gift you a paper copy of the book ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Members have been asked to stop including personal digs in their posts.
It is annoying for others to read and drags the site down.
His books aren't for everyone. You should PM also me if you have problems with my statements. 馃 Especially if I post that you shouldn't talk about something. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
You wanted to question the science - Rasool and Schneider questioned it - and retracted it in 1974
That鈥檚 how it works.
Assuming this post is also seen... People who have stated in the past, 'its settled', 'the science'. Usually they "don't retract" or if they do so they will have reasons and they should state them. You don't specify why so who knows. 'Scientists' are like anyone else. No better or worse.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Did you check that claim about the VW battery being custom built to the vin?
The ones I鈥檝e seen were modular units. There was just a software edit to the motors controller after it was fitted to tell it what vehicle/application it was in so that it used the right input/output values.
The point of that vid by Rossman was about vendor lockin and or right to repair and the possibility it will infect this industry more also. I did not verify this particular scenario, holiday for me, and if you watched the video, unless you have one to experience the problem, you wouldn't know about it as it's not in their marketing. It's possible that the particular dealer in question lied to the owner or the owner is lying and VW doesn't have the problem described. Many conditions are possible.. 馃槷

Not sure if that 'issue' exists outside the USA. He has been asked to speak of this problem in some EU committees if that is relevant to some.

Rossman is an apple repair guy so he may not follow some people's standards as an 'authority' but he's been 'fighting', testifying in committees etc., for right to repair in all industries for some time due to his problems with apple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.