Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,593 Posts
discuss the science all you like, however in the real world it all comes down to the ROI for the vehicle owner/operator. in general, at this time in history, the ROI of an ev/hv/phev does not work for every individual.

what can be done in the research lab is not the real world. the real world has infinite variables that cannot absolutely be accounted for in the research lab. that's not to say do not push/advance the technology, rather let it earn its place in the world without being forced upon people by disingenuous activism and economic damaging political policy. when a new technology is truly better, for both individual ROI and for the environment, it will replace the old technology.

do ev's make sense? yes in certain use cases and no in certain use cases. as I can only illustrate 'my use case', I am not 100% against nor 100% for ev's/fuel cell/hv/bev/....non pure ICE vehicles. I own an 11 year old honda civic (pure ICE) with 163k miles and a 5 year old toyota prius prime with 111k miles. for the life of these 2 vehicles average mpg has been 34.5 for the civic and 60.1 for the prius. the civic was operated during a time period when gasoline was on average more expensive, during this time the average $/gal was $3.04 ($14,362 fuel cost), in contrast the prius operating time period gas averaged $2.78/gal ($5,134 fuel cost). note, that at this time, to replace the battery in the prius would cost $10k, so how much have I saved in the long run? what stat I do not have is what it has cost me to charge the prius over the past 5 years. which vehicle is/was better? that's subjective.

the same can be said of my current 2 wheeled vehicles, 07 B400, average mpg 60.5. 17 r1200 tractor, average mpg 46. which is better? (we all know piglet the fourhunert is better, it can carry a lot more refreshing beverages without adding external storage).

· Registered
1,593 Posts
once the batteries for EVs have reached their service life, how recyclable are they? I don't hear/read anything about this.

what happened to 'reduce, repair, recycle'?

· Registered
1,593 Posts
the initial cost and ROI for EVs is just not there for the majority of people, they simply cannot afford them. if it was, there would be more EVs on the road period.

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.