Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Burgman AN400 Trying to remove the storage box under the seat.Just to see how it's done because the Valve adjust is coming up soon mileage wise. Factory manual says to remove the 2 bolts at the rear and work it out. Mine has 2 bolts up front and I tried but can't work it out.So what's the deal Guys and Gals?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
What have you removed so far?
To remove the under seat tub it's quite a bit of dismantling
The back area, grab handles, large side plastics (with b400 logo) have to be removed first
I think the air filter/throttle body plastic, seat strut too

"Factory manual says to remove the 2 bolts at the rear and work it out"
That's it huh? Work it out hahaha

·
Registered
514 Posts
2007 Burgman AN400 Trying to remove the storage box under the seat.Just to see how it's done because the Valve adjust is coming up soon mileage wise. Factory manual says to remove the 2 bolts at the rear and work it out. Mine has 2 bolts up front and I tried but can't work it out.So what's the deal Guys and Gals?
Page 9D-21
They attach to the rear frame "hoop" on outboard and below the seat latch assembly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I need a reading lesson. It's not just removing a couple of bolts. It's a convoluted trail of taking many steps through the jungle of parts removal with photo's that are totally unclear as what should be done. Methinks moi will just let a dealer do it. And what's with having to adjust the valves every 3500 miles?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Maybe I need a reading lesson. It's not just removing a couple of bolts. It's a convoluted trail of taking many steps through the jungle of parts removal with photo's that are totally unclear as what should be done. Methinks moi will just let a dealer do it. And what's with having to adjust the valves every 3500 miles?
Valve clearance check interval is 14,500 miles/48 months. See page 0B-1 Maintenance and Lubrication:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
You're talking about the body removal or the steps to do the valves? To do the valves there is a video.

To take the body parts off there are also videos on some of them.. Other parts are self explanatory.

What have you removed till now?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
S Steel and J Ross
Yeah I wanted to know how to remove the storage box to access the motor for valve adjust. And much thanks for that Video list. It is now part of my favorites.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts