Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't ridden for so long.

Quit one job, moved, nuclear summer :angryfire: , hunted for new job, started new job, hunted for house... LIFE :banghead:

My Burgman is just sitting in my gargage just getting in my way.

I want to commute on it - but I see NO motorcycles on my morning commute. Is that a hint?

I'd like a weekend trip - but I'm just too busy during the week and want to spend time with my 3 year old son on the weekends.

Thanks - just venting. Carry on.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Move up to Cincy. Today i was the only one riding to work..... Plenty of Burgmans around here... lots of good riding too

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Time with the 3 year old son is worth far far more than any weekend ride. You'll never get the time back.

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,118 Posts
Daboo said:
Time with the 3 year old son is worth far far more than any weekend ride. You'll never get the time back.

Chris

+1 ride with him when he is older,

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep - being a father is my #1 priority. Can't wait until he's riding dirt bikes, riding co-pilot and then my wing-man on his own bike though.

I've only been at my new job a month - and I've seen 2 bikes on my 25-mile commute. What gives with that? The wx is beautiful. There's not much of an HOV lane to speak of, maybe that's part of it.

The only reason I haven't commuted on my Burgman yet is that there's an unavoidable 10- mile section of construction with NO escape paths (in many sections - double Jersey walled) and poorly patched pavement.

Maybe this Thurs or Fri I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I feel ya guy! I went from being retired to a full 6 day work week back in February and my fun miles have been fewer and farther between. I do find I enjoy and de-stress every time I do get out and find some more excuses to just run an errand from time to time to keep the dust from settling to much on my Scoot. Thankfully my children are grown and gone which does help out a bit on the riding opportunities.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sounds like time to sell the bike. If you not riding it why have it. My kids are grown up now and one is riding his own.
When they were tots I would put them on the seat in front of me and take them for rides. Even put one on back of me
and one in front. I only rode 8,000 miles a year or so and thought about selling the bike because it wold sit for so long.
Now I have more time to ride and the wifes has her scoot so we get to really ride now. Makes a differance when you can
put 18,000 miles on a bike and she is putting 12,000 on her scoot. Sell it and let someone else have the pleaseure of riding
and then get another one when you are able to ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
246 Posts
They do commute, I have a friend here that lives in Rock Hill and comes up to Salisbury everyday. I-85, not 485.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
you have gotten taken care of the important stuff, family, work, housing etc....

and you seem to have your priorities pretty much figured out... not sure what the climate is like over there during the Fall / Winter months...
but commuting is very doable in any climate with the right gear...

things will fall back into place and you will figure it all out... at least there is a Burgman sitting in your garage awaiting to be taken out...

hang in there..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Those time frames aren't long enough to change your life around...Hang in there post more often find rides and don't be too hasty about changing your life around too fast. You are having the a few blues and that is no big deal we all have them. You are living in one of the most beautiful places too ride you will find time and if you work at it you can find a good way to take your boy on some short jaunts with you safely, I have.

I have two kids a wife and a full time job and I am finding time to do 18000 a year you can Doooo Eeeet!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
2 wheels = personal therapy.
It isn't needed all the time.
You just need to know it is there when you need/want it.
Different amounts of therapy are needed at different times.
Just go down and clean the windscreen one and again.
Talk to her so she isn't to lonely.
Sit on the seat and look at your photos.
Then continue what you were doing til next visit OR until you need her again.

uh, I gotta go down to the basement...later...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yup - grit your teeth and get out there and it'll pick up your spirits - hell go for a midnight ride. Best therapy there is.

BTW yes kids
do grow up and ride with dad.

was very proud of him - said he was scared to death of the YZ ( with good reason ).
King of the Hill here.

Now he has a SV650 he bought all on his own and we ride together. :thumbup:

Get out there and practice ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I only took my Burg to work 3 times this summer. I'm only a couple blocks from work and then all day I know it's out there so I can't wait to leave! Makes for a long day. :(

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MacDoc said:
BTW yes kids
do grow up and ride with dad.
Very cool.

Thanks, guys. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I find I have to discipline myself to get out there if I've been off for a while - and soon it becomes easy again.

Burgman is nice as you can do so many errands on it and yet have some fun on the twisties and carry layers so easy to hop on and go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts