Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 2008 Burg Exec model and need to know if it has the stock windshield. The only markings I could find were in the bottom left side:
Panlite Sheet dot280 m-125c AS 6/7
It is 21!/2 inches wide and 25" from top of shield to the frame plastic piece at the bottom below the Suzuki emblem where the scoop is. The seller alluded to a Givi but I don't think he really knew what was on it as he bought it used also. Would appreciate any help with this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
a photo might help identify it

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Bought a used 2008 Burg Exec model and need to know if it has the stock windshield. The only markings I could find were in the bottom left side:
Panlite Sheet dot280 m-125c AS 6/7
It is 21!/2 inches wide and 25" from top of shield to the frame plastic piece at the bottom below the Suzuki emblem where the scoop is. The seller alluded to a Givi but I don't think he really knew what was on it as he bought it used also. Would appreciate any help with this.
If GIVI it screen, it have GIVI written in lower center part of wind screen, that not GIVI screen because of shape.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It is 21!/2 inches wide and 25" from top of shield to the frame plastic piece at the bottom below the Suzuki emblem where the scoop is.
Givi's smallest windscreen is way wider and longer than the stock.. 28"-30" long I believe and it would have "handguard" like on the sides. The ones in the pictures.. NOT Givi.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My screen, (which I am pretty sure is Suzuki original) looking at the FRONT of it, on the lower right-hand side has the legend: PANLITE SHEET DOT 280 M1250 AS-6/7

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Looks stock to me also.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Loadtoad:

How did you come to choose that user name... It has to be Air Force Related.... One AF retiree to another...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 2007 Exec. and yours looks just like mine; stock.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just had my windshield off my 650 today and it is a stock windshield with the name Panlite on so I'd think you have the stock windshield on your Exec

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
User Name of Loadtoad

Roger asked where I got my user name. I spent 24 years in the Air Force, 22 of those in the flying business end of it. I spent 17 years as a Aircraft Loadmaster on C-141's, then changed over to C-5's for 5 years. I worked with all the other services ferrying troops and equipment, even porpoises a few times all over the world. One of the best jobs a young man could have in the military. Now I'm a nurse, go figure!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Loadtoad... First of all, thank you very much for your service!!! And yes, you are right, the Air Force has opportunities for young men that are truly outstanding, and if you enjoy your work, then it becomes the best job a guy ever had.

I retired as an E-7 from the Air Force in 1987 after 20 years. My job was a "Load toad" of a different sort. I was an aircraft Weapons Technician. I loaded aircraft with bombs, bullets, missiles, rockets and anything that went whoosh,bang, boom or kaboom with the associated signature mushroom plume.

It is a difficult job to transition to civilian application so I went to school & got a trade license and spent the rest of my working career as a facilities engineer repairing medical and commercial building environmental systems.

I retired for good at 62 and the only things I fix now are my motorcycles and scooters. For me, the Air Force set a very high standard and was a great life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts