Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to know what brand are the stock tires on the Burgman 200
And if they are worthy in the wet.
Also can Suzuki void you warranty if you late in scheduled service points.:confused:

·
Registered
125 Posts
our 2014 Burgman 200 has IRC tires. http://www.irc-tire.com/en/mc/
We don't ride in the wet.

IRC Tire (from Inoue Rubber Co) is a Japanese tire brand owned by Inoac Corp., originally Inoue Rubber Co., international conglomerate that started as a manufacturer of bicycle tires, tubes, and industrial rubber products. Inoue Rubber was founded in 1926 by Aiichi Inoue in Nagoya, Japan, and began exporting the IRC tire brand in 1933. Inoue Rubber started production of motorcycle tires in 1952. Today Inoac offers IRC tires and tubes for cruisers, sport bikes, dirt-bikes, scooters and mopeds.

Warranties can only be voided if the owner's actions caused the problem that the warranty is be applied to. A late oil change is not going to cause an engine to explode. Failure to have the valve clearances checked may cause a valve to be burned, but that usually happens afer the warranty period is over.

scoot safely,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daily Commuter

our 2014 Burgman 200 has IRC tires. http://www.irc-tire.com/en/mc/
We don't ride in the wet.

IRC Tire (from Inoue Rubber Co) is a Japanese tire brand owned by Inoac Corp., originally Inoue Rubber Co., international conglomerate that started as a manufacturer of bicycle tires, tubes, and industrial rubber products. Inoue Rubber was founded in 1926 by Aiichi Inoue in Nagoya, Japan, and began exporting the IRC tire brand in 1933. Inoue Rubber started production of motorcycle tires in 1952. Today Inoac offers IRC tires and tubes for cruisers, sport bikes, dirt-bikes, scooters and mopeds.

Warranties can only be voided if the owner's actions caused the problem that the warranty is be applied to. A late oil change is not going to cause an engine to explode. Failure to have the valve clearances checked may cause a valve to be burned, but that usually happens afer the warranty period is over.

scoot safely,
Hello ExTEX,
Thank You For all the information.
And the Burgman will be my daily commuter here in Central Florida. And for most of the year it's not a matter if it will rain, but what time of day it will decide to.
And I have read on PCX forums about this brand tire not doing so well in wet.
But have yet to read the same here or anywhere else that posts about Burgman 200.
Wonder if it's due to the size difference?
But in any case, am truly anxious about these tires now, and would love to hear from anyone wet weather riding with them on 200.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ride my burgman 200 up here in Charleston, SC area. Been a really wet season so far, but the tires ride decent. I've definitely been looking into different tires just for my own peace of mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks For The Input

I ride my burgman 200 up here in Charleston, SC area. Been a really wet season so far, but the tires ride decent. I've definitely been looking into different tires just for my own peace of mind.
Thanks for the input.
I have been looking into Pirelli Diablo Tires as replacements.
Have lots of good things, only negative is short tread life.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've had Michelin City Grips on the rear of my 400 for the past 20k or so and on the front for the past 10kish. As a FL commuter I ride 5 days a week rain or shine and have had no issues with any of - Bridgestone (OEM), Michelin PP or the City Grip tires. Wet or dry. General observations are: Bridgestone's tend to wear rather quickly and the fronts cup pretty severely, Michelin PP (don't even know if they're available in your size) wear pretty quickly, had no cupping issues but seemed to be prone to punctures, City Grip are the best all round of any I've used. I've been averaging 10K on the rear more like 20K on the front and still have some tread left at the end. With the PP at 10K I was seeing the belts coming through on the rear tire.

Don't know if the 200 would be radically different but the City Grips are probably worth a look.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michelin City Grips On My List!
Thank You For The Input.
It's good to hear from a fellow Fl rider that commutes daily in our Stormy Weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts