Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I no longer own a Burgman. :oops: :cry: I still come to this forum because, frankly, you guys and girls are the most helpful on the net.

I have a Kymco Xciting 500 and recently bought a EMGO travel trunk. This should fit on the back of the bike, although I fear it will cover the brake lights. I am curious to know if there are any stick on LED brake lights.

I want something that will light up when I hit the brakes. Not just reflective stickers. Since I travel at night, I just feel a little safer with the lights.

Point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Yes, go to your local auto parts store and look at the variety available.
Our Pep Boys has a ton of them.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Check out http://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips. They have ones that are stick on double sided tape.
Oh and I guess you need to change your info to show other bike..........but we wouldn't hold it against you. :wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

I heard about the Knight Rider lights here on this site via a post by Daboo. So I went out and bought one for all of $25.

They offer a number of solutions but what I was looking for was a pulsating brake light feature that would pump the light 4-5 times when I hit the brakes. (Just like they tell you to do in the class...it just does it automatically). They have other options too. Take a look at their (circa-1997) website via the link below.

http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm

I got the 12 LED unit (LB02?) and I'm very impressed with it. Nice clean look, seems solid and works as advertised. So much so that I am using it on my small scooter (Yamaha Zuma) and am going to order the 21 LED unit for my B-400. Both scoots have Givi boxes and in each case I am mounting the LED unit on the bottom of the Givi mounting plate using 1" aluminum angle. Both of my Givi boxes have LED kits - Givi kit for the small one, Admore lights for the V46 on my B-400. Plus I added more LEDs to each so either scoot can probably be seen from outer space at this point. haha

Pete

·
Registered
183 Posts
Google "Automotive LED" and follow your nose. When you get ready to buy don't buy the cheapest because with LEDs, like most everything else, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I went to Harbor Freight and found stick-on strips of red LEDs for about $4.00................... I use them as tail lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts