Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

141 - 160 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I hear ya ! I wonder If we could hire that team to do a rally for Term Limits 😃
Yeah, engaging on a tangent, but...

Term limits are corrosive. The short form in a long run-on sentence:

You end up with newbie elected officials who don't work together, using their term of office to audition for a payoff once they're safely out of office because they know they're not facing the voters again, and who get rolled by lobbyists because the lobbyists are the only ones who know the issues -- and unlike the legislators, lobbyists don't have term limits.

Sounds like an easy answer. It's a lot more complex than it looks.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I’m not sure where she’s employed but I know she’s on the road doing what she can to protect Doctor/Patient Privilege.
Then at best she's a spokesperson, not an expert.

And a really flawed one at that.

·
Administrator
18,372 Posts

Reactions: G-Dub and Rusty J

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Then at best she's a spokesperson, not an expert.

And a really flawed one at that.
To be honest HydroxyC should have never been put off limits .... It’s one medicine in a doctors toolbox that’s legal to prescribe.

It would have been perfect if the Front Line Workers would have been able to use it during the first four months and track its results. That would have been a real-time case study and we would be four months ahead.

Can it stop the avalanche of illness and death now? That’s asking for a big miracle.

The thing is we have had HydroxyC available all along to use with no better alternative available. When something is found to be better then yes we will need to swiftly transition to it.

We all hate to use a crescent wrench but we do until we find that darn 10mm socket.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #145 (Edited)
Yeah, engaging on a tangent, but...

Term limits are corrosive. The short form in a long run-on sentence:

You end up with newbie elected officials who don't work together, using their term of office to audition for a payoff once they're safely out of office because they know they're not facing the voters again, and who get rolled by lobbyists because the lobbyists are the only ones who know the issues -- and unlike the legislators, lobbyists don't have term limits.

Sounds like an easy answer. It's a lot more complex than it looks.
I’d like if they didn’t work together ....seems every time they do it’s something to benefit something other than their constituents.

It’s almost funny how these politicians all fight and grandstand about our rinky dinky $1200 Stim Funds but then they all get along and vote yes for the military budget.

Almost funny I tell ya ....

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I’d like if they didn’t work together ....seems every time they do it’s something to benefit something other than their constituents.

It’s almost funny how these politicians all fight and grandstand about our rinky dinky $1200 Stim Funds but then they all get along and vote yes for the military budget.

Almost funny I tell ya ....
Congress doesn't have term limits -- it'd be unconstitutional. In U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton (1995), the Supreme Court ruled that the qualifications in Article I of the Constitution are the only ones that can be imposed.

About your specific example? Legislators are working together as party members rather than as individual representatives of the nation as a whole. There's a House bill that passed months ago. Senate leadership won't take it up because they have different priorities. Might want to look into the differences between what the Dem House and GOP Senate consider "non-negotiable" before making blanket claims.

Defense spending is the only acceptable kind of pork-barrel spending these days, and procurement is carefully arranged so nearly every district gets a piece of the pie. Some members might sell it to their constituents as "strong on defense", but others will just point to the jobs supported in their own district. And in this case, it's getting bundled into the pandemic relief bill because that bill is must-pass piece of legislation, to add a bit more in on top of the existing Defense budget. At least it should be must-pass...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It’s interesting to watch this doctor stunt unfold in real time.

Dr Gold claims she has now been sacked from her job.
Maybe she has and that is to be expected anybody would see that coming,

But,
her boosters are reporting “sacked from hospital
which isn’t what she said

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Congress doesn't have term limits -- it'd be unconstitutional. In U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton (1995), the Supreme Court ruled that the qualifications in Article I of the Constitution are the only ones that can be imposed.

About your specific example? Legislators are working together as party members rather than as individual representatives of the nation as a whole.
Understood.....I sure wish there were more than two parties .... why not five ...that would still give the lobbyists the week-ends off.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It turns out this is the 2nd attempt involving tea party and fake doctors.
Back in March there was another that was part of starting off the whole hydroxy misinformation and influencing a key politician.

Their website previously used Dr Gregory Rigano, except he isn’t a doctor

Regano is claimed to be adviser to a drug program at the Stanford University School of Medicine - but Stanford said that isn’t the case.

Their website says he’s a co-author of the study - he isn’t listed as co-author

The headline says “Chloroquine Study Show 100% Cure Rate For Patients Infected With The Coronavirus” - it didn’t

A quick search for Mr Rigano shows he’s a lawyer (and lots of concern over his bitcoin activity).
He collaborated with the opthalmologist (and fellow bitcoin dealer) James Todaro who is one of the "New Group" claiming they have treated Covid patients.

The study itself was pulled in April for not meeting scientific standards and selection bias (Picking patients to suit the result you want)

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Bluebottle, what is the proper procedure to run a Drug Test ? Has there been at least two that have been run properly ? How are the tests on the supposed Vaccine Cure to be ran and how long will it take ? It’s like watching an hour glass but it’s humans instead of sand slipping thru.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Houston Chronicle are reporting that Dr. Stella Immanuel, the lizard overload/alien DNA/witches cause disease...

is the subject of a medical malpractice lawsuit in Louisiana prior to moving to Texas in November.

a woman treated by Immanuel complained about a needle in her arm. Immanuel prescribed medication but did not perform a closer examination or tests...

The woman sought help hours later from a hospital because of the pain. A surgeon removed the needle, but days later, the woman died, according to the lawsuit.
Lawyers for the family say infection was cause of death.

This is probably going to become a bit of a football with the online crazies and hate letter brigade.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Not to marginalize anyone’s death but ...
as one Semi-Grate Stateswoman said “What difference at this point does it make?”

So the Doctor has a malpractice case against her.....that happens in her line of work.

The FDA and the State of Ohio have reversed their standings on HydroxyC and maybe her Karma will be cleansed if two people live thru Covid-19 .

I’m in shock that you are sorta obsessing over this particular spectacle....but do appreciate your tenacity as a layman scouring for the hidden facts. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Dr Immanuel moved out of Louisiana before she could be served.
It looks like direct to Texas, where she wasn’t able to practice at that time and subsequently applied (licenced from November)
The unfortunate patient died from flesh eating bacteria infection.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Dr Immanuel moved out of Louisiana before she could be served.
It looks like direct to Texas, where she wasn’t able to practice at that time and subsequently applied (licenced from November)
The unfortunate patient died from flesh eating bacteria infection.
Quite probably MRSA it was running rampant in hospitals five years ago.

So it wasn’t a needle left in her ? I’m not sure if the doctor is immune from charges from one state to another .....if so AMA needs to close that loop hole.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
7milesout ...what coffee you drink ? I owe you a tall cup “Starbucks has a code word for tall cup but I never call it that“.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I drink the hard stuff (just regular leaded). My wife drinks starbutts. I sometimes take a sip and gag. But it's her taste. I just drink regular ole coffee. Speaking of that, gonna go make and/or get some. You owe me nuttin.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I drink the hard stuff (just regular leaded). My wife drinks starbutts. I sometimes take a sip and gag. But it's her taste. I just drink regular ole coffee. Speaking of that, gonna go make and/or get some. You owe me nuttin.

Your last sentence of your long post reminded me of a short song:

“ If I want to combine crack cocaine, meth, acid and PCP because I think it would kill covid, well that's my choice, right or wrong.”

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
G-Dub , whats the last couple studies that show it doesn’t work?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Which is the whole purpose behind some of it.
In my day it was called “deza“ or “active measures”, before that it was divide and conquer, probably something else now ...
I’m told the new name for getting conspiracy theorists to flood the information space for you is “infodemic”.
I kinda thought there’d be a hip catchy new name :)

I was about to type it’s an old trick going back to “their side eats babies” when I realised that we’ve gone full circle and that one is doing the rounds again with so called pizzagate

141 - 160 of 347 Posts