Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 347 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)

*Disclaimer * I dislike Sinclair Broadcast and it’s consolidation and control of local news outlets.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Some posts in this thread aren’t showing up for me.

Might be my ignore list policy settings kicking in rather than a forum issue unless it looks strange to anybody else.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I bet it’s your ignore function kicking in ....fill out a “Care In Ticket” and we’ll have somebody that kares look into it. 😀

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I’ve always liked Mike Rowe he always seems to be able keep a level head and smile no matter where he’s at or what he’s doing. A true leader in the “get er done “ mind set.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I saw this yesterday, we could use more Mikes in our world today. This is America, we've had worse times, let's move on.

The expert in this article, Michael Osterholm, was in a CNN interview back in April (and since).
Amongst a lot of really good points he points out that the public/some media don’t really understand how the experts use and interpret numbers/projection models leading to misunderstandings, confusion and/or false claims.

He also talks about Fauci’s work.

Infectious disease expert: We're only in the second inning of the pandemic

·
Registered
58 Posts
CNN eh ? huh.
for once I actually agree with them. This IS the gift from Wuhan that will keep on giving. There is no cure, no magic pill, no avoiding it world wide, people will die. But mostly, like he says:

Well, I would say if you're a person of high risk for a serious disease outcome, you should do everything you can to find a way to get those groceries delivered to you, even left outside your front door where you can go pick them up and not have to have contact with someone.
Now, for others who say, "Well, you know what? I'm at a relatively low risk of having a serious outcome if I do get infected," you still have to think about whether you might be transmitting that infection to others. I think we have to be more honest and just say that, yes, breathing someone else's air is going to put you at risk. On any one given day, how big of a risk is that? I don't know.
We can't stop living life. We have to move forward. But we must do so while thinking about how to get people back into society in a way that is thoughtful and takes into account every possible option to make sure people don't get seriously ill and don't subsequently die.

He sounds a lot like Mike. I like it.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Here you go ByronW

The drug they just can’t kill ..... I’m glad I made someone’s ignore list ...or he may return to try to kill the drug again, again and again.....

CDC’s stance on the Drug back in 2005

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Well, I would say if you're a person of high risk for a serious disease outcome, you should do everything you can to find a way to get those groceries delivered to you...
That sounds good to me.
(hard to get my elderly mother to stay put for long though :) )

It is tricky though - we don’t know for sure who is vulnerable.
Elderly, frail, ill people seem obvious but some get it and come out the other side barely affect, some scrape through with complications.
Some young healthy athletes have quickly succumbed.

Nobody knows why, it could be initial viral load or invasion site but there seems to be connections to blood type, ethnicity and income level Etc. There are no hard and fast rules and some things will be false leads that turn into background noise as the sample size grows and we learn more.

What looks vulnerable to our eyes isn’t the same as what looks vulnerable to the virus.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
...or he may return to try to kill the drug again, again and again.....

CDC’s stance on the Drug back in 2005

Not sure who he is but good luck on killing off this conspiracy theory, it’s dangerous claptrap.

From the linked CDC article:
Conclusion:
Chloroquine is effective inpreventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture.”

Are you a cell culture? No.

Everybody who reads knows that this works in a cell culture, that is very different to working in a human (a cell culture is a blob of cells in a petrified dish, also known as “in vitro” which you will see in technical data which means “in glass”, not in a person.

soap also works outside the body - that doesn’t mean eating soap is going to help

The 2005 stance was that, it still is.
Read what it says and what it doesn’t say

This is the problem when conspiracy sites/publications/people try to do science by headlines.
Or it’s an intentional attempt to fool people who don’t understand/read technical material and will believe the discrediting story without checking or applying analytical or free thinking.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Bluebottle, why was the Lancet Study retracted ?

Recent HCQ efficacy studies, unreported by the mainstream media

Two new independent U.S. studies have come to similar conclusions as Dr. Rault in Marseille and Dr. Risch at Yale:

• On July 1, 2020, the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan reported that a peer-reviewed retrospective study of 2,541 Detroit cases showed up to 71% mortality reduction in early treatment, using HCQ and azithromycin.[ix]
  • In a June 30, 2020 study, Dr. Takahisa Mikami and his team at the Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai, New York, analyzed the outcomes of 6493 patients who had confirmed Covid-19 and found that hydroxychloroquine decreased the mortality in hospitalized patients.[x]

It sure would be nice if we could subtract 44% or 71% from the Covid-19 Death Total...... and who’s fault is it that we can’t ?

I was hoping this 71 year old was going to tell me how he recouped from the deadly virus....but he didn’t ....

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
We covered The Lancet in another thread.

It isn’t true that those studies were unreported in mainstream media - I believe CNN is the one conspiracy groups dislike most? CNN reported it Study finds hydroxychloroquine may have boosted survival, but other researchers have doubts

So straight away whoever gave you this information is either wrong or lying to you.

It isn’t true that the Henry Ford study showed a 71% reduction rate in fatalities amongst general population.

The median age for those not given hydroxy treatment = 71 years
The median age for those given hydroxy treatment = 53 years

Why is that, why is it not mentioned by your source? What does that do to the results?

Did you read the study? It doesn’t look like your sources did (unless they are being dishonest)

Cases were selected by there own criteria, not random. The results excluded 267 patients who were still in hospital at the end (long hospitalisation is associated with bad outcome).
Ask yourself how the placebo group compares against the drug group, key question in a clinical trial - Oh, there was no placebo group, because:

It wasn’t a clinical trial

(we are trying to avoid conspiracies but it will be interesting to see if they get a new hospital wing, research grant, govt. position any time soon)

———-

Edit:
From “MedicalNewsToday”-

“Patients in the HCQ group were also significantly more likely to receive steroids in addition to the drug. While 78.9% of patients in this group received steroids, only 35.7% of patients in the other COVID-19 treatment groups did.

“In addition, white race is a risk factor they identified, and it too was unbalanced,” ...
In the group receiving other COVID-19 treatments, 45.5% were white, while in the HCQ group, 27.6% were white.”

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Do you know what treatment Prince Charles received ?

Again just briefly on why the Lancet Study was pulled ?

What’s the Dif between Conspiracy Sites and Fake News Sites....
Remember the “Throwing Babies Out Of Incubators “ who was guilty of creating that Fairy Tale and who Pumped that Fairy Tale?

Wonder how many Big Pharma advertising dollars are pumped into the Fake News Channels ?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Again just briefly on why the Lancet Study was pulled ?
The Guardian (a mainstream newspaper I think you would characterise as left wing) looked into the study and found that some patients were wrongly recorded as Australia instead of Asia so they started digging further.
An American company called Surgisphere provided data and the study was co-written by their CEO, Sapan Desai. The Guardian raised a number of questions which didn’t get answered and approached The Lancet.

The Lancet asked Desai for the raw data, they didn’t get it so they withdrew the article as they couldn’t verify one way or the other.

The Guardian found Surgisphere had very few science based staff but they did have a science fiction writer and an “adult content model” much to everyone’s amusement :) and some official body I can’t remember is looking into them.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
We already did Charles in another (closed) thread
Yes but no explanation on his recovery treatment ....you would think a lot of good people would like to know that? That’s not an illegal question is it? He’s never ran for political office has he?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
He had a mild case, he isolated same as everybody else does -
except he had a lot of people to fetch and carry for him.

Lots of people in their 70’s + just feel unwell and don’t need special treatment, he was one of them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Nobody knows why, it could be initial viral load or invasion site but there seems to be connections to blood type, ethnicity and income level Etc...
Ole Monty Python is quite the science expert. I can just see the Coronavirus germs now, "... oh wait, these guys are rich, let's go invade poor people instead!" The coronavirus germs may also discriminate based on height, length of a person's hair, tattoo count, style accessories and whether or not they're wearing clean underwear.

Bob and weave, bob and weave. Oh wait, we covered that in a previous thread. What a joke.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
7milesout did you see the song I posted that referenced the Georgia Red Dirt/Clay ? Me & You and a Dog Named Boo ?

41 - 60 of 347 Posts