Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Steady boys, lol. Dave it's easy to get mixed up, I know I'm an electrician lol. but Charboil is right on this one.
I'm still in the u/s stator camp at the moment. This may take some time to prove as I'm not back to Spain till December so will fit the new stator then. This could turn into a best oil / tyre thread.lol.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a u/s stator?

·
Administrator
22,287 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a u/s stator?
Uppso, bad, rubbish, FUBAR, Up Shi..'s creek.....

Cooperman Please excuse the pitty argument about miss reading what Zero meant. I was wrong on verbage and sometimes others must play "One Uppmanship". What ever, he won the day.

The main thing is, IF you have different values on 2 of the 3 wires, the Stator is bad. They should read close to each other within a +/- amount listed in the service manual.

·
Administrator
22,287 Posts
Cooperman, just for giggles, I bet when you pull that bad Stator, the wires are melted at the top side. Bet a Pint of bitters or whatever you drink.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Dave is that cos the oil cannot cool it as well. Its hot in Spain and it's done over 100000kms so it;s had a tough life.
A pint of bitter will do just fine, but I'm with you on this one. If I get it sorted I'll still hold you to the pint though cos I'm a tight Yorkshire man

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dave, what is the differance between an engine ground and a frame ground, I would have thought they were the same as the engine is bolted to the frame.
Even though the frame and motor are tied together, you can't count on the frame because of corrosion, or distance. I have added additional ground wires from the engine to the frame because I was seeing several ohms resistance.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well guys the new stator arrived just in time for me to return to UK. So whilst back in Blighty I'll get a new gasket and one of them 20mm rotor pullers to make life easier when I get back in 6 weeks. All being well I can fit it when I return and be Burgering about in no time with 14.5v at the battery. I will of course report back beginning of December, until then it's back on my 09 UK Exec, time to switch on the heated grips and seat me thinks.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts